Re: [ScoutRadio] JOTA 2011 Stations alittle thin ant' it?

  • Frank Krizan
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2011
      Hi Jon,

      I'm gonna guess that Al was referring to the new JOTA database at www.k2bsa.net, specifically at http://www.scouting.org/jota/registered_stations.aspx

      Radio Scouting has greater recognition at the National BSA since Jim Wilson, K5ND, became the National JOTA Organizer and K2BSA now has some official web presence. Jim is Chairman of the National Radio Scouting Committee at BSA. He is also the Volunteer Chairman for the National Jamboree to be held in 2013.

      Jim has posted on ScoutRadio several times.

      73, Frank KR1ZAN

      On Oct 1, 2011, at 1:22 PM, Jon Pearl - W4ABC wrote:

      > For the past few years our members have placed a JOTA Stations database
      > log in the Database section of ScoutRadio. One had not been placed
      > there yet so I simply grabbed the station data located in the other
      > email list http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JOTAskedbook/database and
      > placed it our database files section
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadio/database?method=reportRows&tbl=8
      > that's slightly modified to fit the data that I lifted.
      >
      > What Scout page are your referring to, Al?
      >
      > Jon Pearl - W4ABC
      > www.w4abc.com
      >
      > On 9/30/2011 8:13 AM, albeham@... wrote:
      > > Nice work on the database but the scout page has more listed.
      > >
      > > or am I missing something?
      > >

      > > AL KA1FFO
      > >
      > > Baltimore 4 rives Troop 119

    • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2011
        Hi Frank and Walter.

        Saw it - forgot about it. It's a great resource and goes beyond the
        confines of our little group, here. I placed a hypertext link to its
        anchor page http://www.scouting.org/jota.aspx on this group's home page,
        some months ago after the ARRL redesigned their site.

        Thanks for the clarification.

        73,

        Jon Pearl - W4ABC
        www.w4abc.com

        On 10/1/2011 1:43 PM, Frank Krizan wrote:
        > Hi Jon,
        >
        > I'm gonna guess that Al was referring to the new JOTA database at www.k2bsa.net, specifically at http://www.scouting.org/jota/registered_stations.aspx
        >
        > Radio Scouting has greater recognition at the National BSA since Jim Wilson, K5ND, became the National JOTA Organizer and K2BSA now has some official web presence. Jim is Chairman of the National Radio Scouting Committee at BSA. He is also the Volunteer Chairman for the National Jamboree to be held in 2013.
        >
        > Jim has posted on ScoutRadio several times.
        >
        > 73, Frank KR1ZAN
        >

        > On Oct 1, 2011, at 1:22 PM, Jon Pearl - W4ABC wrote:
        >
        >> For the past few years our members have placed a JOTA Stations database
        >> log in the Database section of ScoutRadio. One had not been placed
        >> there yet so I simply grabbed the station data located in the other
        >> email list http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JOTAskedbook/database and
        >> placed it our database files section
        >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadio/database?method=reportRows&tbl=8
        >> that's slightly modified to fit the data that I lifted.
        >>
        >> What Scout page are your referring to, Al?
        >>
        >> Jon Pearl - W4ABC
        >> www.w4abc.com
        >>
        >> On 9/30/2011 8:13 AM, albeham@... wrote:
        >>> Nice work on the database but the scout page has more listed.
        >>>
        >>> or am I missing something?
        >>>

        >>> AL KA1FFO
        >>>
        >>> Baltimore 4 rives Troop 119

      • Bill Stewart
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2011
          That's where Venturing Crew 80 - W3BSA has put it's entry.
          Frankly, I didn't know about any others.

          Bill Stewart, W2BSA

          K5ND at BSA is maintaining this page:

          wunder

          --
          Walter Underwood
          Venture Asst. Scoutmaster

        • Mike Lukas
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 4, 2011
            GREAT FALLS MT WILL BE ON THE AIR FOR JOTA  LISTEN FOR KE7YTM. 20/40 METERS. TRY US ON THE GREAT FALLS MT ECHO LINK

            To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
            From: jonpearl@...
            Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 13:22:01 -0400
            Subject: Re: [ScoutRadio] JOTA 2011 Stations alittle thin ant' it?