Re: [ScoutRadio] JOTA 2011 Stations alittle thin ant' it?

  • Walter Underwood
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2011
      K5ND at BSA is maintaining this page:

      wunder

      On Oct 1, 2011, at 10:22 AM, Jon Pearl - W4ABC wrote:

      For the past few years our members have placed a JOTA Stations database
      log in the Database section of ScoutRadio. One had not been placed
      there yet so I simply grabbed the station data located in the other
      email list http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JOTAskedbook/database and
      placed it our database files section
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadio/database?method=reportRows&tbl=8
      that's slightly modified to fit the data that I lifted.

      What Scout page are your referring to, Al?

      Jon Pearl - W4ABC
      www.w4abc.com

      --
      Walter Underwood
      Venture Asst. Scoutmaster

    • Frank Krizan
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2011
        Hi Jon,

        I'm gonna guess that Al was referring to the new JOTA database at www.k2bsa.net, specifically at http://www.scouting.org/jota/registered_stations.aspx

        Radio Scouting has greater recognition at the National BSA since Jim Wilson, K5ND, became the National JOTA Organizer and K2BSA now has some official web presence. Jim is Chairman of the National Radio Scouting Committee at BSA. He is also the Volunteer Chairman for the National Jamboree to be held in 2013.

        Jim has posted on ScoutRadio several times.

        73, Frank KR1ZAN

        On Oct 1, 2011, at 1:22 PM, Jon Pearl - W4ABC wrote:

        > For the past few years our members have placed a JOTA Stations database
        > log in the Database section of ScoutRadio. One had not been placed
        > there yet so I simply grabbed the station data located in the other
        > email list http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JOTAskedbook/database and
        > placed it our database files section
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadio/database?method=reportRows&tbl=8
        > that's slightly modified to fit the data that I lifted.
        >
        > What Scout page are your referring to, Al?
        >
        > Jon Pearl - W4ABC
        > www.w4abc.com
        >
        > On 9/30/2011 8:13 AM, albeham@... wrote:
        > > Nice work on the database but the scout page has more listed.
        > >
        > > or am I missing something?
        > >

        > > AL KA1FFO
        > >
        > > Baltimore 4 rives Troop 119

      • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2011
          Hi Frank and Walter.

          Saw it - forgot about it. It's a great resource and goes beyond the
          confines of our little group, here. I placed a hypertext link to its
          anchor page http://www.scouting.org/jota.aspx on this group's home page,
          some months ago after the ARRL redesigned their site.

          Thanks for the clarification.

          73,

          Jon Pearl - W4ABC
          www.w4abc.com

          On 10/1/2011 1:43 PM, Frank Krizan wrote:
          > Hi Jon,
          >
          > I'm gonna guess that Al was referring to the new JOTA database at www.k2bsa.net, specifically at http://www.scouting.org/jota/registered_stations.aspx
          >
          > Radio Scouting has greater recognition at the National BSA since Jim Wilson, K5ND, became the National JOTA Organizer and K2BSA now has some official web presence. Jim is Chairman of the National Radio Scouting Committee at BSA. He is also the Volunteer Chairman for the National Jamboree to be held in 2013.
          >
          > Jim has posted on ScoutRadio several times.
          >
          > 73, Frank KR1ZAN
          >

          > On Oct 1, 2011, at 1:22 PM, Jon Pearl - W4ABC wrote:
          >
          >> For the past few years our members have placed a JOTA Stations database
          >> log in the Database section of ScoutRadio. One had not been placed
          >> there yet so I simply grabbed the station data located in the other
          >> email list http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JOTAskedbook/database and
          >> placed it our database files section
          >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadio/database?method=reportRows&tbl=8
          >> that's slightly modified to fit the data that I lifted.
          >>
          >> What Scout page are your referring to, Al?
          >>
          >> Jon Pearl - W4ABC
          >> www.w4abc.com
          >>
          >> On 9/30/2011 8:13 AM, albeham@... wrote:
          >>> Nice work on the database but the scout page has more listed.
          >>>
          >>> or am I missing something?
          >>>

          >>> AL KA1FFO
          >>>
          >>> Baltimore 4 rives Troop 119

        • Bill Stewart
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2011
            That's where Venturing Crew 80 - W3BSA has put it's entry.
            Frankly, I didn't know about any others.

            Bill Stewart, W2BSA

            --
            Walter Underwood
            Venture Asst. Scoutmaster

          • Mike Lukas
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 4, 2011
              GREAT FALLS MT WILL BE ON THE AIR FOR JOTA  LISTEN FOR KE7YTM. 20/40 METERS. TRY US ON THE GREAT FALLS MT ECHO LINK

              To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
              From: jonpearl@...
              Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 13:22:01 -0400
              Subject: Re: [ScoutRadio] JOTA 2011 Stations alittle thin ant' it?