Re: Another JOTA database

  • Jim Stafford W4QO
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29 8:44 AM
      Tom has posted the link to the "other" one and although we have had one here the last two years, I would recommend we use that one to post our schedules and info.

      jim/w4qo hamjam.info <--- Check this too if you haven't heard!

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Tom Epperly <tepperly@...> wrote:

      > The Yahoo Group JOTAskedbook also has a database where people can register
      > there JOTA groups.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Tom NS6T
    • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 29 7:14 PM
        Hi Jim, et. al...

        A database for this year's event hadn't been created in our group so I
        liberated the other group's data and applied it to a new and updated
        table. You may store data in either or both groups but chatting about
        your plans has proven to be problematic on the other group as its
        membership is 100% moderated, 100% of the time and some messages sit for
        weeks before being posted. Many have made suggestions to the group
        owner as to ways to address the situation but those suggestions have
        so-far fallen on deaf ears.

        Fraternally,

        Jon Pearl - W4ABC
        www.w4abc.com

        On 9/29/2011 11:44 AM, Jim Stafford W4QO wrote:
        > Tom has posted the link to the "other" one and although we have had one here the last two years, I would recommend we use that one to post our schedules and info.
        >
        > jim/w4qo hamjam.info<--- Check this too if you haven't heard!
        >
        > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Tom Epperly<tepperly@...> wrote:
        >> The Yahoo Group JOTAskedbook also has a database where people can register
        >> there JOTA groups.
        >>
        >> Regards,
        >>
        >> Tom NS6T

      • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 29 7:19 PM
          Sorry, I forgot the link.

          On 9/29/2011 10:14 PM, Jon Pearl - W4ABC wrote:
          > Hi Jim, et. al...
          >

          > A database for this year's event hadn't been created in our group so I
          > liberated the other group's data and applied it to a new and updated
          > table. You may store data in either or both groups but chatting about
          > your plans has proven to be problematic on the other group as its
          > membership is 100% moderated, 100% of the time and some messages sit for
          > weeks before being posted. Many have made suggestions to the group
          > owner as to ways to address the situation but those suggestions have
          > so-far fallen on deaf ears.
          >

          > Fraternally,
          >

          > Jon Pearl - W4ABC
          > www.w4abc.com
          >

          > On 9/29/2011 11:44 AM, Jim Stafford W4QO wrote:
          >> Tom has posted the link to the "other" one and although we have had one here the last two years, I would recommend we use that one to post our schedules and info.
          >>
          >> jim/w4qo hamjam.info<--- Check this too if you haven't heard!
          >>
          >> --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Tom Epperly<tepperly@...> wrote:
          >>> The Yahoo Group JOTAskedbook also has a database where people can register
          >>> there JOTA groups.
          >>>
          >>> Regards,
          >>>
          >>> Tom NS6T

          > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/