Another JOTA database

  • Tom Epperly
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2011
      The Yahoo Group JOTAskedbook also has a database where people can register there JOTA groups.

      Regards,

      Tom NS6T

      On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Jim Wilson <jbwilson@...> wrote:

      One station has already registered for JOTA with D-Star information ----

      K9BSABay Lakes Council, Kettle Country DistrictPioneer Village, Fredonia, WI15-Oct 9 AM to 9 PM, 16-Oct 9 AM to NoonD-Star Reflectors 19A and 19C, HF frequencies and modes

      The JOTA stations that have registered so far can be found at http://www.scouting.org/jota/registered_stations.aspx

      We are approaching 90 stations registered so far. I'm hopeful we can top 100 before October 15.

      Hope this information helps.

      Jim, K5ND

    • Jim Stafford W4QO
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 29, 2011
        Tom has posted the link to the "other" one and although we have had one here the last two years, I would recommend we use that one to post our schedules and info.

        jim/w4qo hamjam.info <--- Check this too if you haven't heard!

        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Tom Epperly <tepperly@...> wrote:

        > The Yahoo Group JOTAskedbook also has a database where people can register
        > there JOTA groups.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Tom NS6T
      • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 29, 2011
          Hi Jim, et. al...

          A database for this year's event hadn't been created in our group so I
          liberated the other group's data and applied it to a new and updated
          table. You may store data in either or both groups but chatting about
          your plans has proven to be problematic on the other group as its
          membership is 100% moderated, 100% of the time and some messages sit for
          weeks before being posted. Many have made suggestions to the group
          owner as to ways to address the situation but those suggestions have
          so-far fallen on deaf ears.

          Fraternally,

          Jon Pearl - W4ABC
          www.w4abc.com

          On 9/29/2011 11:44 AM, Jim Stafford W4QO wrote:
          > Tom has posted the link to the "other" one and although we have had one here the last two years, I would recommend we use that one to post our schedules and info.
          >
          > jim/w4qo hamjam.info<--- Check this too if you haven't heard!
          >
          > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Tom Epperly<tepperly@...> wrote:
          >> The Yahoo Group JOTAskedbook also has a database where people can register
          >> there JOTA groups.
          >>
          >> Regards,
          >>
          >> Tom NS6T

        • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 29, 2011
            Sorry, I forgot the link.

            On 9/29/2011 10:14 PM, Jon Pearl - W4ABC wrote:
            > Hi Jim, et. al...
            >

            > A database for this year's event hadn't been created in our group so I
            > liberated the other group's data and applied it to a new and updated
            > table. You may store data in either or both groups but chatting about
            > your plans has proven to be problematic on the other group as its
            > membership is 100% moderated, 100% of the time and some messages sit for
            > weeks before being posted. Many have made suggestions to the group
            > owner as to ways to address the situation but those suggestions have
            > so-far fallen on deaf ears.
            >

            > Fraternally,
            >

            > Jon Pearl - W4ABC
            > www.w4abc.com
            >

            > On 9/29/2011 11:44 AM, Jim Stafford W4QO wrote:
            >> Tom has posted the link to the "other" one and although we have had one here the last two years, I would recommend we use that one to post our schedules and info.
            >>
            >> jim/w4qo hamjam.info<--- Check this too if you haven't heard!
            >>
            >> --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Tom Epperly<tepperly@...> wrote:
            >>> The Yahoo Group JOTAskedbook also has a database where people can register
            >>> there JOTA groups.
            >>>
            >>> Regards,
            >>>
            >>> Tom NS6T

            > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/