RE: [ScoutRadio] Re: D-STAR activity for JOTA

  • n5zgt
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 28, 2011

      I don't think there's an "official" recommended reflector for JOTA, but let's be careful not to confuse the topic with a bunch of ideas and so little time between now and JOTA to sort it out.  REF30C was offered as a proposed focal point for JOTA D-STAR activity because there was apparently no discussion to date about it.  It's the second largest reflector in the world, meaning tons of potential people -- JOTA participants or not -- for scouts to scare up QSOs.  Talk about fun!

      W9BSA below is simply indicating where their own station will be in the spectrum, which is absolutely fine.  However, since there's been no talk of a "hang out" place within the D-STAR realm for JOTA to date, I'm just tossing out 30C for everybody's consideration and promotion.

      73,

      Brian N5ZGT

      On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 02:47:10 -0000, J.Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT wrote:

      Jim,

      Is there a recommended D-Star Reflector for JOTA?  If so, our station, W2TTT and maybe NJ2BS can be available for JOTA contacts as well

      Yours in Scouting!
      Thanks & 73,

      Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

      201.314.6964

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 29, 2011
        Our jamboree is this weekend, 1 Oct, not JOTA weekend.

        We will be calling APRS CQ using the CQSRVR, hope to see ya.

        To join the CQSRVR send APRS text message to CQSRV with the first two words
        being CQ SCOUTS. Ours will probably say:

        CQ SCOUTS 4 Rivers District at Downes Park, MD

        Everyone else who has joined CQSRVR with a similar text message will get all
        CQ's. When you see one, send then a message direct to that station's
        callsign to complete a contact. For more info see
        http://aprs.org/cqsrvr.html

        For JOTA weekend, you should probably use CQ JOTA...

        Bob, WB4aPR