D-STAR activity for JOTA

  • n5zgt
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 27, 2011
      Hi Everyone --

      I've not seen any mention of D-STAR activity for JOTA; my apologies if
      I've missed a boat somewhere. Assuming I'm not duplicating any
      already-existing effort to showcase D-STAR along with hams' other JOTA
      operations, I've asked the admin of REF30C and received his permission
      to use it and promote it as a gathering place for those wishing to make
      JOTA QSOs via D-STAR. So please spread the word and look for JOTA QSO
      opportunities on REF30C.

      See you on the air!

      73,
      Brian N5ZGT
      Albuquerque, New Mexico
    • n5dgh
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 28, 2011
        Thanks Brian for coordinating D-Star REF 30 C for JOTA. Our crew just offically registered our JOTA event for South Plains Council out of Lubbock TX at last nights crew work session. We did list D-Star but not a reflector. We will be operating as K5LIB from 9a-4p on Saturday only. I regret missing our K5TIT picnic the same day since am committed to our JOTA event but I did coordinate to also check in with them at the lake during our operations.

        73,
        Leland Fellows, N5DGH
        Advisor, Crew 73

        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, n5zgt <n5zgt@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone --
        >
        > I've not seen any mention of D-STAR activity for JOTA; my apologies if
        > I've missed a boat somewhere. Assuming I'm not duplicating any
        > already-existing effort to showcase D-STAR along with hams' other JOTA
        > operations, I've asked the admin of REF30C and received his permission
        > to use it and promote it as a gathering place for those wishing to make
        > JOTA QSOs via D-STAR. So please spread the word and look for JOTA QSO
        > opportunities on REF30C.
        >
        > See you on the air!
        >
        > 73,
        > Brian N5ZGT
        > Albuquerque, New Mexico

      • Jim Wilson
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 28, 2011
          One station has already registered for JOTA with D-Star information ----

          K9BSABay Lakes Council, Kettle Country DistrictPioneer Village, Fredonia, WI15-Oct 9 AM to 9 PM, 16-Oct 9 AM to NoonD-Star Reflectors 19A and 19C, HF frequencies and modes

          The JOTA stations that have registered so far can be found at http://www.scouting.org/jota/registered_stations.aspx

          We are approaching 90 stations registered so far. I'm hopeful we can top 100 before October 15.

          Hope this information helps.

          Jim, K5ND
        • J.Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 28, 2011

            Jim,

            Is there a recommended D-Star Reflector for JOTA?  If so, our station, W2TTT and maybe NJ2BS can be available for JOTA contacts as well

            Yours in Scouting!
            Thanks & 73,

            Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

            201.314.6964

            __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6423 (20110830) __________

            http://www.eset.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 29, 2011
                Our jamboree is this weekend, 1 Oct, not JOTA weekend.

                We will be calling APRS CQ using the CQSRVR, hope to see ya.

                To join the CQSRVR send APRS text message to CQSRV with the first two words
                being CQ SCOUTS. Ours will probably say:

                CQ SCOUTS 4 Rivers District at Downes Park, MD

                Everyone else who has joined CQSRVR with a similar text message will get all
                CQ's. When you see one, send then a message direct to that station's
                callsign to complete a contact. For more info see
                http://aprs.org/cqsrvr.html

                For JOTA weekend, you should probably use CQ JOTA...

                Bob, WB4aPR