Re: [ScoutRadio] Where are you?

  • Bob Bruninga
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2011
      >> When announcing a Scout radio event, please give
      >> the date, times, frequencies, and location.
      > Beaconing an APRS object starting a few days ahead
      > of the event, through the event itself, would not
      > be a bad idea either.

      And the BEST way is to send an APRS CQ SCOUTS message to CQSRVR. Then any other scouts or anyone else in the world for that matter, can QSO you directly on APRS texting.

      Just send a message to CQSRVR and make the firt 2 words of the message be CQ SCOUTS and then your message will go to every other station on the planet that also sent the same message to CQSRVR.

      See http://aprs.org/cqsrvr.html

      APRS is for human to human contact, texting and info exchane, not vehicle tracking.

      see http://aprs.org/aprs-messaging.html

      Bob, Wb4APR

      >73,
      >-jav k4jh

      >Visit "Operation On Target BSA" Mountain Top Signaling:
      >http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

      >SCOUTING and AMATEUR RADIO - FUN FOR ALL AGESYahoo! Groups Links

    • Walter Underwood
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 23, 2011
        That looks neat, but don't forget the basics of sending out the info. This is the first time I've heard of that site, so I'm pretty sure a notice there won't get to everyone. --wunder

        --
        Walter Underwood
        Venture Asst. Scoutmaster

      • Bob Bruninga
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 24, 2011
          > That looks neat, but don't forget the basics of
          > sending out the info. This is the first time I've
          > heard of that site, so I'm pretty sure a notice
          > there won't get to everyone. --wunder

          I may be missinerpreting what you are saying, but the process is not a "site" per se. The site tells you how it works.

          And the way it works is that someone may send out an APRS message from their APRS station or the front panel of their APRS radio and every other person on the planet who has similaraly sent a CQ SCOUTS message will receive it on their station or the front panel of their radio. It is just a means for sending out live global CQ's to groups, such as scouts.