Re: [ScoutRadio] Radio Merit Badge Class at National Scouting Museum

  • Allan R. Batteiger
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2011
      Good morning
      Irving TX, just West of Dallas ( former home of Dallas Cowboys).
      The scouting Museum is right next door to the BSA National HQ.

      Allan
      WB5QNG

      On 9/7/2011 8:08 AM, Bob Bruninga wrote:
      > Given this Scout list is national/international, ... where is Irving? And or
      > the National Scoiuting Museum? Thanks, Bob

    • Walter Underwood
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 7, 2011
        We have a youth net on a local repeater here in the San Francisco Bay area. It is at 2pm local, so that will be available on EchoLink during your 3:30-4:30 period. More details here:

        My Radio MB class all checked in on that net.

        Consider contacting special event stations. There should be several on the air for the 9/11 anniversary, and those are much easier to find that just calling CQ. My class on was on SKYWARN Recognition Day, so we worked a few National Weather Service stations.

        wunder
        ==
        Walter Underwood
        Venture Asst. Scoutmaster
        Troop 14, Palo Alto, CA
        K6WRU

        On Sep 7, 2011, at 6:16 AM, Allan R. Batteiger wrote:

        Good morning
        Irving TX, just West of Dallas ( former home of Dallas Cowboys).
        The scouting Museum is right next door to the BSA National HQ.

        Allan
        WB5QNG

        On 9/7/2011 8:08 AM, Bob Bruninga wrote:
        > Given this Scout list is national/international, ... where is Irving? And or
        > the National Scoiuting Museum? Thanks, Bob

        <arb.vcf>

      • Walter Underwood
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2011
          On Sep 7, 2011, at 7:35 AM, Walter Underwood wrote:

          Consider contacting special event stations. There should be several on the air for the 9/11 anniversary, and those are much easier to find that just calling CQ. My class on was on SKYWARN Recognition Day, so we worked a few National Weather Service stations.

          http://www.arrl.org/news/special-event-stations-mark-tenth-anniversary-of-9-11

          Another handful are listed here if you search with a start and end date of 9/10. How about Indiana Parks on the Air, or the USS Enterprise aircraft carrier?

          http://www.arrl.org/special-event-stations

          wunder
          --
          Walter Underwood