UK Radio Scouting special event station

  • whitemurphy@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2001
      I thought as a Scout Leader and Radio Ham you may be able to help
      publicise a UK Radio Scouting special event station.
      Over the weekend of July 13 - 15, 2001 a special event station will
      be operational from the Walesby Forest Scout Activity Centre.

      The Scout centre is located in the Sherwood Frest area of
      Nottinghamshire and the station will be operating as part of the
      National "Robin Hood" Scout Fellowship Gathering, celebrating the
      25th Anniversary of the Scout Fellowship, the adult support section
      of Scouting in the UK.

      The station has rceived permission to use a special, special event
      call for this event and will be signing as GB25SF. We are especially
      looking for contact with other Scout stations but we will try to work
      all stations. I suspect that this call will be of special interest to
      Prefix chasers.

      It is expected that the station will be QRV from about 21:00Z on
      Friday, 13 July thru to 12:00Z on Sunday, 15 July.

      It is planned to run 2 or 3 stations as follows:

      80m or 40m

      20m, 15m or 10m

      and optionally 17m or 12m

      Operational will be mainly on SSB with possibility of some CW.

      Regards

      John (G0GDU)

      To contact me please email john_d_crowder@...