Re: Scout Camps on the Air

  • wb2boo
    Message 1 of 40 , May 13 7:22 AM
      Mike:

      To build on Dale's comments, as a result of the new MOU between ARRL and BSA, BSA recently formed a National Radio Scouting Committee which is working to help organize things a bit more. Jim Wilson, is the head of it and has done a great job with our first goal of improving information and resources regarding JOTA. See the new BSA JOTA pages at http://www.scouting.org/JOTA.aspx for the results of our first project.

      Future committee projects will likely evolve to better support K2BSA, reaching out to hams at events beyond the Dayton Hamvention, coordination of Amateur Radio activity at National and World Jamborees, and other items of mututal interest between the ham radio and Scouting communitees.

      In the meantime, if you want to work on cleaning up or adding the references to diffrent Scout topics currently found on the AC6V webiste, they can be contacted at http://ac6v.com/EMAIL.htm That would be a big help.

      Also, regarding setting up ham stations at Scout Camps, I do offer a few hints on my Radio Merit Badge website: http://k2gw.tripod.com/radiomeritbadge/

      particulalrly on this page:

      http://k2gw.tripod.com/radiomeritbadgeday/id22.html

      Best of luck with your efforts to increase Amateur Radio opportunities for Scouts! Hopefully we'll be able to meet at Dayton with the rest of the great Hamvention Scout Radio booth folks.

      73

      Gary Wilson, K2GW
      BSA Natioanl Radio Scouting Committee Member
      ARRL SNJ Assistant Section Manager
    • wb2boo