RE: [ScoutRadio] Come All to Ham Radio Venture Crew 73 Open House May 7, 9:30 AM Pittsford NY

  • J.Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
    Message 1 of 7 , May 6, 2011

      Mark,

      If it is a British uniform, then the UK flag is appropriate.  If it is an American uniform, then it should have a US flag.

      If you are representing the BSA in some capacity, then you should wear a BSA uniform.

      Yours in Scouting!
      Thanks & 73,

      Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

      201.314.6964

      Message 2 of 7 , May 7, 2011
        If you can find and fit your British scout uniform, you can supplement it with the British flag; the US Scout uniform only has the US Flag whether or not you are a US citizen.

        AB2SN Christian
        Queen's Scout
        CNJC Mercer Area District Unit Commissioner

        To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
        From: aa2f@...
        Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 18:14:12 -0400

        If you belong to the BS of America, you wear the US flag.  If you are a British Scout, you wear the UK flag.  Don/AA2F

        Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 5:49 PM

        As it happens I'll be up that way on Saturday doing a D-STAR demo. If I
        can find my uniform (and still get into it) I'll bring it along for a
        spot of show-n-tell.

        Speaking of uniform, Anyone know how the BSA might feel about me NOT
        wearing the American flag on my district uniform but instead replacing
        it with the British one? Haven't tried it yet and I'm wondering if
        anyone would notice.

        Mark

        On 05/02/2011 04:54 PM, Bill Kasper wrote:
        > The Rochester ARA Ham Radio Venturing Crew # 73, a combined youth
        > development program of the Boy Scouts of America and the Rochester
        > Amateur Radio Association, aimed at young men and women between 14 years
        > (or finished 8th grade) and 21 years of age, will explore all
        > facets of radio communications, operation and electronics. While
        > advancing through their own ranks, they can also advance through
        > the levels of FCC Amateur Radio licensing. Our Venturers are active
        > participants in public and community service events as well as
        > emergency service activations, and, oh yes, FUN! Many activities
        > will showcase the Venturers increasing ham radio abilities,
        > before, during and after they join the ranks of licensed amateur
        > radio operators. A highlight of their year is Field Day which
        > combines camping with emergency preparedness.
        >
        > Bring youth members, and everyone else, to an open house 9:30 AM,
        > May 7, 2011, at the Pittsford Town Hall meeting room, 11 S Main
        > Street, Pittsford, NY, for an informative morning of ham radio
        > demonstrations, venturing and FUN!
        >
        > tnx Bill WB2SXY
        > --end--

        > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/