Re: [ScoutRadio] Come All to Ham Radio Venture Crew 73 Open House May 7, 9:30 AM Pittsford NY

  • Walter Underwood
    Message 1 of 7 , May 6, 2011
      There is no official option for anything other than a US Flag in that position.

      On the other hand, I've seen a lot of stuff on uniforms that doesn't meet the official rules.

      If you are wearing a uniform that dates from before the flag was added, then by all means, wear that with the original and proper insignia for that date.

      wunder
      ._,___
      ==
      Walter Underwood
      Venture ASM, Troop 14, Palo Alto
      K6WRU

      On May 6, 2011, at 2:49 PM, Mark Phillips wrote:

      As it happens I'll be up that way on Saturday doing a D-STAR demo. If I
      can find my uniform (and still get into it) I'll bring it along for a
      spot of show-n-tell.

      Speaking of uniform, Anyone know how the BSA might feel about me NOT
      wearing the American flag on my district uniform but instead replacing
      it with the British one? Haven't tried it yet and I'm wondering if
      anyone would notice.

      Mark

      On 05/02/2011 04:54 PM, Bill Kasper wrote:
      > The Rochester ARA Ham Radio Venturing Crew # 73, a combined youth
      > development program of the Boy Scouts of America and the Rochester
      > Amateur Radio Association, aimed at young men and women between 14 years
      > (or finished 8th grade) and 21 years of age, will explore all
      > facets of radio communications, operation and electronics. While
      > advancing through their own ranks, they can also advance through
      > the levels of FCC Amateur Radio licensing. Our Venturers are active
      > participants in public and community service events as well as
      > emergency service activations, and, oh yes, FUN! Many activities
      > will showcase the Venturers increasing ham radio abilities,
      > before, during and after they join the ranks of licensed amateur
      > radio operators. A highlight of their year is Field Day which
      > combines camping with emergency preparedness.
      >
      > Bring youth members, and everyone else, to an open house 9:30 AM,
      > May 7, 2011, at the Pittsford Town Hall meeting room, 11 S Main
      > Street, Pittsford, NY, for an informative morning of ham radio
      > demonstrations, venturing and FUN!
      >
      > tnx Bill WB2SXY
      > --end--

      > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

      /\/\ark Phillips

      .

      __,_

    • Don Wright
      Message 2 of 7 , May 6, 2011
        If you belong to the BS of America, you wear the US flag.  If you are a British Scout, you wear the UK flag.  Don/AA2F

        Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 5:49 PM
        Subject: Re: [ScoutRadio] Come All to Ham Radio Venture Crew 73 Open House May 7, 9:30 AM Pittsford NY

        As it happens I'll be up that way on Saturday doing a D-STAR demo. If I
        can find my uniform (and still get into it) I'll bring it along for a
        spot of show-n-tell.

        Speaking of uniform, Anyone know how the BSA might feel about me NOT
        wearing the American flag on my district uniform but instead replacing
        it with the British one? Haven't tried it yet and I'm wondering if
        anyone would notice.

        Mark

        On 05/02/2011 04:54 PM, Bill Kasper wrote:

        > The Rochester ARA Ham Radio Venturing Crew # 73, a
        combined youth
        > development program of the Boy Scouts of America and the
        Rochester
        > Amateur Radio Association, aimed at young men and women
        between 14 years
        > (or finished 8th grade) and 21 years of age, will
        explore all
        > facets of radio communications, operation and electronics.
        While
        > advancing through their own ranks, they can also advance
        through
        > the levels of FCC Amateur Radio licensing. Our Venturers are
        active
        > participants in public and community service events as well
        as
        > emergency service activations, and, oh yes, FUN! Many
        activities
        > will showcase the Venturers increasing ham radio
        abilities,
        > before, during and after they join the ranks of licensed
        amateur
        > radio operators. A highlight of their year is Field Day
        which
        > combines camping with emergency preparedness.

        Bring youth members, and everyone else, to an open house 9:30 AM,
        > May 7,
        2011, at the Pittsford Town Hall meeting room, 11 S Main
        > Street,
        Pittsford, NY, for an informative morning of ham radio
        > demonstrations,
        venturing and FUN!

        > tnx Bill WB2SXY

        --end--

        href="http://www.ontargetbsa.org/">http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

        href="http://www.k1dwu.net/ham-links/clubs.-.scouting.phtml">http://www.k1dwu.net/ham-links/clubs.-.scouting.phtml

        /\/\ark Phillips

      • J.Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
        Message 3 of 7 , May 6, 2011

          Mark,

          If it is a British uniform, then the UK flag is appropriate.  If it is an American uniform, then it should have a US flag.

          If you are representing the BSA in some capacity, then you should wear a BSA uniform.

          Yours in Scouting!
          Thanks & 73,

          Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

          201.314.6964

          As it happens I'll be up that way on Saturday doing a D-STAR demo. If I
          can find my uniform (and still get into it) I'll bring it along for a
          spot of show-n-tell.

          Speaking of uniform, Anyone know how the BSA might feel about me NOT
          wearing the American flag on my district uniform but instead replacing
          it with the British one? Haven't tried it yet and I'm wondering if
          anyone would notice.

          Mark

          On 05/02/2011 04:54 PM, Bill Kasper wrote:
          > The Rochester ARA Ham Radio Venturing Crew # 73, a combined youth
          > development program of the Boy Scouts of America and the Rochester
          > Amateur Radio Association, aimed at young men and women between 14 years
          > (or finished 8th grade) and 21 years of age, will explore all
          > facets of radio communications, operation and electronics. While
          > advancing through their own ranks, they can also advance through
          > the levels of FCC Amateur Radio licensing. Our Venturers are active
          > participants in public and community service events as well as
          > emergency service activations, and, oh yes, FUN! Many activities
          > will showcase the Venturers increasing ham radio abilities,
          > before, during and after they join the ranks of licensed amateur
          > radio operators. A highlight of their year is Field Day which
          > combines camping with emergency preparedness.
          >
          > Bring youth members, and everyone else, to an open house 9:30 AM,
          > May 7, 2011, at the Pittsford Town Hall meeting room, 11 S Main
          > Street, Pittsford , NY , for an informative morning of ham radio
          > demonstrations, venturing and FUN!
          >
          > tnx Bill WB2SXY
          > --end--

          > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

          /\/\ark Phillips

          __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6101 (20110506) __________

          http://www.eset.com

          __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6101 (20110506) __________

          http://www.eset.com

        • Lars Christian Ingerslev
          Message 4 of 7 , May 7, 2011
            If you can find and fit your British scout uniform, you can supplement it with the British flag; the US Scout uniform only has the US Flag whether or not you are a US citizen.

            AB2SN Christian
            Queen's Scout
            CNJC Mercer Area District Unit Commissioner

            To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
            From: aa2f@...
            Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 18:14:12 -0400

            If you belong to the BS of America, you wear the US flag.  If you are a British Scout, you wear the UK flag.  Don/AA2F

            Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 5:49 PM

            As it happens I'll be up that way on Saturday doing a D-STAR demo. If I
            can find my uniform (and still get into it) I'll bring it along for a
            spot of show-n-tell.

            Speaking of uniform, Anyone know how the BSA might feel about me NOT
            wearing the American flag on my district uniform but instead replacing
            it with the British one? Haven't tried it yet and I'm wondering if
            anyone would notice.

            Mark

            On 05/02/2011 04:54 PM, Bill Kasper wrote:
            > The Rochester ARA Ham Radio Venturing Crew # 73, a combined youth
            > development program of the Boy Scouts of America and the Rochester
            > Amateur Radio Association, aimed at young men and women between 14 years
            > (or finished 8th grade) and 21 years of age, will explore all
            > facets of radio communications, operation and electronics. While
            > advancing through their own ranks, they can also advance through
            > the levels of FCC Amateur Radio licensing. Our Venturers are active
            > participants in public and community service events as well as
            > emergency service activations, and, oh yes, FUN! Many activities
            > will showcase the Venturers increasing ham radio abilities,
            > before, during and after they join the ranks of licensed amateur
            > radio operators. A highlight of their year is Field Day which
            > combines camping with emergency preparedness.
            >
            > Bring youth members, and everyone else, to an open house 9:30 AM,
            > May 7, 2011, at the Pittsford Town Hall meeting room, 11 S Main
            > Street, Pittsford, NY, for an informative morning of ham radio
            > demonstrations, venturing and FUN!
            >
            > tnx Bill WB2SXY
            > --end--

            > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/