Come All to Ham Radio Venture Crew 73 Open House May 7, 9:30 AM Pittsford NY

  • Bill Kasper
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2011
      The Rochester ARA Ham Radio Venturing Crew # 73, a combined youth
      development program of the Boy Scouts of America and the Rochester
      Amateur Radio Association, aimed at young men and women between 14 years
      (or finished 8th grade) and 21 years of age, will explore all
      facets of radio communications, operation and electronics. While
      advancing through their own ranks, they can also advance through
      the levels of FCC Amateur Radio licensing. Our Venturers are active
      participants in public and community service events as well as
      emergency service activations, and, oh yes, FUN! Many activities
      will showcase the Venturers increasing ham radio abilities,
      before, during and after they join the ranks of licensed amateur
      radio operators. A highlight of their year is Field Day which
      combines camping with emergency preparedness.

      Bring youth members, and everyone else, to an open house 9:30 AM,
      May 7, 2011, at the Pittsford Town Hall meeting room, 11 S Main
      Street, Pittsford, NY, for an informative morning of ham radio
      demonstrations, venturing and FUN!

      tnx Bill WB2SXY
      --end--
    • Demetrios Pulas
      Message 2 of 7 , May 3, 2011

        Hi all:  Check out our Venturing Crew 80 in Alexandria Va (www.w3bsa.org.). We originally started as Explorer Post 80 in 1995 in the National Capital Area Council and morphed into a crew in 1998 when the venturing program was initiated by BSA.  Our crew is an emergency response crew with all adult and youth members certified, at a minimum, as Red Cross Wilderness and Remote First Aid trained providers and as licensed amateur radio operators.  The crew is also a Red Cross provider in CPR/AED, basic first aid, wilderness first aid and CPR Pro.  We have a number of Red Cross instructors on the adult staff as well as EMTs, paramedics, and a physician.  We have also conducted annual licensing classes for scouts, scouters and the interested public since 1996.  Our crew supports the Red Cross in the National Capital Region (Hurricane Isabel) as well as the Council and our District at many scouting events with first aid and communications support.  We also participate in support of such activities as the Marine Corps marathon and Make a Wish Foundation Tri-Athalon.  73’s Demi Pulas K4BSA, Advisor Crew 80.

        Message 3 of 7 , May 6, 2011
          As it happens I'll be up that way on Saturday doing a D-STAR demo. If I
          can find my uniform (and still get into it) I'll bring it along for a
          spot of show-n-tell.

          Speaking of uniform, Anyone know how the BSA might feel about me NOT
          wearing the American flag on my district uniform but instead replacing
          it with the British one? Haven't tried it yet and I'm wondering if
          anyone would notice.

          Mark

          On 05/02/2011 04:54 PM, Bill Kasper wrote:
          > The Rochester ARA Ham Radio Venturing Crew # 73, a combined youth
          > development program of the Boy Scouts of America and the Rochester
          > Amateur Radio Association, aimed at young men and women between 14 years
          > (or finished 8th grade) and 21 years of age, will explore all
          > facets of radio communications, operation and electronics. While
          > advancing through their own ranks, they can also advance through
          > the levels of FCC Amateur Radio licensing. Our Venturers are active
          > participants in public and community service events as well as
          > emergency service activations, and, oh yes, FUN! Many activities
          > will showcase the Venturers increasing ham radio abilities,
          > before, during and after they join the ranks of licensed amateur
          > radio operators. A highlight of their year is Field Day which
          > combines camping with emergency preparedness.
          >
          > Bring youth members, and everyone else, to an open house 9:30 AM,
          > May 7, 2011, at the Pittsford Town Hall meeting room, 11 S Main
          > Street, Pittsford, NY, for an informative morning of ham radio
          > demonstrations, venturing and FUN!
          >
          > tnx Bill WB2SXY
          > --end--

          > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

          /\/\ark Phillips
        • Walter Underwood
          Message 4 of 7 , May 6, 2011
            There is no official option for anything other than a US Flag in that position.

            On the other hand, I've seen a lot of stuff on uniforms that doesn't meet the official rules.

            If you are wearing a uniform that dates from before the flag was added, then by all means, wear that with the original and proper insignia for that date.

            wunder
            ._,___
            ==
            Walter Underwood
            Venture ASM, Troop 14, Palo Alto
            K6WRU

            On May 6, 2011, at 2:49 PM, Mark Phillips wrote:

            As it happens I'll be up that way on Saturday doing a D-STAR demo. If I
            can find my uniform (and still get into it) I'll bring it along for a
            spot of show-n-tell.

            Speaking of uniform, Anyone know how the BSA might feel about me NOT
            wearing the American flag on my district uniform but instead replacing
            it with the British one? Haven't tried it yet and I'm wondering if
            anyone would notice.

            Mark

            On 05/02/2011 04:54 PM, Bill Kasper wrote:
            > The Rochester ARA Ham Radio Venturing Crew # 73, a combined youth
            > development program of the Boy Scouts of America and the Rochester
            > Amateur Radio Association, aimed at young men and women between 14 years
            > (or finished 8th grade) and 21 years of age, will explore all
            > facets of radio communications, operation and electronics. While
            > advancing through their own ranks, they can also advance through
            > the levels of FCC Amateur Radio licensing. Our Venturers are active
            > participants in public and community service events as well as
            > emergency service activations, and, oh yes, FUN! Many activities
            > will showcase the Venturers increasing ham radio abilities,
            > before, during and after they join the ranks of licensed amateur
            > radio operators. A highlight of their year is Field Day which
            > combines camping with emergency preparedness.
            >
            > Bring youth members, and everyone else, to an open house 9:30 AM,
            > May 7, 2011, at the Pittsford Town Hall meeting room, 11 S Main
            > Street, Pittsford, NY, for an informative morning of ham radio
            > demonstrations, venturing and FUN!
            >
            > tnx Bill WB2SXY
            > --end--

            > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

            /\/\ark Phillips

            .

            __,_

          • Don Wright
            Message 5 of 7 , May 6, 2011
              If you belong to the BS of America, you wear the US flag.  If you are a British Scout, you wear the UK flag.  Don/AA2F

              Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 5:49 PM

              As it happens I'll be up that way on Saturday doing a D-STAR demo. If I
              can find my uniform (and still get into it) I'll bring it along for a
              spot of show-n-tell.

              Speaking of uniform, Anyone know how the BSA might feel about me NOT
              wearing the American flag on my district uniform but instead replacing
              it with the British one? Haven't tried it yet and I'm wondering if
              anyone would notice.

              Mark

              On 05/02/2011 04:54 PM, Bill Kasper wrote:

              > The Rochester ARA Ham Radio Venturing Crew # 73, a
              combined youth
              > development program of the Boy Scouts of America and the
              Rochester
              > Amateur Radio Association, aimed at young men and women
              between 14 years
              > (or finished 8th grade) and 21 years of age, will
              explore all
              > facets of radio communications, operation and electronics.
              While
              > advancing through their own ranks, they can also advance
              through
              > the levels of FCC Amateur Radio licensing. Our Venturers are
              active
              > participants in public and community service events as well
              as
              > emergency service activations, and, oh yes, FUN! Many
              activities
              > will showcase the Venturers increasing ham radio
              abilities,
              > before, during and after they join the ranks of licensed
              amateur
              > radio operators. A highlight of their year is Field Day
              which
              > combines camping with emergency preparedness.

              Bring youth members, and everyone else, to an open house 9:30 AM,
              > May 7,
              2011, at the Pittsford Town Hall meeting room, 11 S Main
              > Street,
              Pittsford, NY, for an informative morning of ham radio
              > demonstrations,
              venturing and FUN!

              > tnx Bill WB2SXY

              --end--

              href="http://www.ontargetbsa.org/">http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

              href="http://www.k1dwu.net/ham-links/clubs.-.scouting.phtml">http://www.k1dwu.net/ham-links/clubs.-.scouting.phtml

              /\/\ark Phillips

            • J.Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
              Message 6 of 7 , May 6, 2011

                Mark,

                If it is a British uniform, then the UK flag is appropriate.  If it is an American uniform, then it should have a US flag.

                If you are representing the BSA in some capacity, then you should wear a BSA uniform.

                Yours in Scouting!
                Thanks & 73,

                Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

                201.314.6964

                As it happens I'll be up that way on Saturday doing a D-STAR demo. If I
                can find my uniform (and still get into it) I'll bring it along for a
                spot of show-n-tell.

                Speaking of uniform, Anyone know how the BSA might feel about me NOT
                wearing the American flag on my district uniform but instead replacing
                it with the British one? Haven't tried it yet and I'm wondering if
                anyone would notice.

                Mark

                On 05/02/2011 04:54 PM, Bill Kasper wrote:
                > The Rochester ARA Ham Radio Venturing Crew # 73, a combined youth
                > development program of the Boy Scouts of America and the Rochester
                > Amateur Radio Association, aimed at young men and women between 14 years
                > (or finished 8th grade) and 21 years of age, will explore all
                > facets of radio communications, operation and electronics. While
                > advancing through their own ranks, they can also advance through
                > the levels of FCC Amateur Radio licensing. Our Venturers are active
                > participants in public and community service events as well as
                > emergency service activations, and, oh yes, FUN! Many activities
                > will showcase the Venturers increasing ham radio abilities,
                > before, during and after they join the ranks of licensed amateur
                > radio operators. A highlight of their year is Field Day which
                > combines camping with emergency preparedness.
                >
                > Bring youth members, and everyone else, to an open house 9:30 AM,
                > May 7, 2011, at the Pittsford Town Hall meeting room, 11 S Main
                > Street, Pittsford , NY , for an informative morning of ham radio
                > demonstrations, venturing and FUN!
                >
                > tnx Bill WB2SXY
                > --end--

                > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

                /\/\ark Phillips

                __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6101 (20110506) __________

                http://www.eset.com

                __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6101 (20110506) __________

                http://www.eset.com

              • Lars Christian Ingerslev
                Message 7 of 7 , May 7, 2011
                  If you can find and fit your British scout uniform, you can supplement it with the British flag; the US Scout uniform only has the US Flag whether or not you are a US citizen.

                  AB2SN Christian
                  Queen's Scout
                  CNJC Mercer Area District Unit Commissioner

                  To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
                  From: aa2f@...
                  Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 18:14:12 -0400

                  If you belong to the BS of America, you wear the US flag.  If you are a British Scout, you wear the UK flag.  Don/AA2F

                  Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 5:49 PM

                  As it happens I'll be up that way on Saturday doing a D-STAR demo. If I
                  can find my uniform (and still get into it) I'll bring it along for a
                  spot of show-n-tell.

                  Speaking of uniform, Anyone know how the BSA might feel about me NOT
                  wearing the American flag on my district uniform but instead replacing
                  it with the British one? Haven't tried it yet and I'm wondering if
                  anyone would notice.

                  Mark

                  On 05/02/2011 04:54 PM, Bill Kasper wrote:
                  > The Rochester ARA Ham Radio Venturing Crew # 73, a combined youth
                  > development program of the Boy Scouts of America and the Rochester
                  > Amateur Radio Association, aimed at young men and women between 14 years
                  > (or finished 8th grade) and 21 years of age, will explore all
                  > facets of radio communications, operation and electronics. While
                  > advancing through their own ranks, they can also advance through
                  > the levels of FCC Amateur Radio licensing. Our Venturers are active
                  > participants in public and community service events as well as
                  > emergency service activations, and, oh yes, FUN! Many activities
                  > will showcase the Venturers increasing ham radio abilities,
                  > before, during and after they join the ranks of licensed amateur
                  > radio operators. A highlight of their year is Field Day which
                  > combines camping with emergency preparedness.
                  >
                  > Bring youth members, and everyone else, to an open house 9:30 AM,
                  > May 7, 2011, at the Pittsford Town Hall meeting room, 11 S Main
                  > Street, Pittsford, NY, for an informative morning of ham radio
                  > demonstrations, venturing and FUN!
                  >
                  > tnx Bill WB2SXY
                  > --end--

                  > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/