Re: [ScoutRadio] Re: A new camp ham station

  • Dale Lamm
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 24, 2011
      Agree with your thoughts on PSK31. Some Scouts are mike-shy, but have no
      problem at all using a keyboard. Some are also fascinated with the original
      digital mode pioneered by Mr. Morse.

      "Texting the world", now that's a good explanation!

      73 de Dale

      [snip]

      Dale, I'm also happy to hear about your activity with the new scouting ham
      station. We are working to expand our camp station coverage in the Circle 10
      Council in the Dallas / Fort Worth area of Texas. I have two sons in
      scouting, a Star & Life, and they are both impressed by PSK31 since the boys
      equate digital modes like PSK31 with "texting the world". I think digital
      modes are a great way to interest modern day youth in hamming and help grow
      our ranks.

      73!

      Grant Laughlin
      W5XJ