Pine Tree Council works K1B in celebration of the BSA's 100th Anniversary

  • io30031
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2010
      On Saturday October 9th, 2010 the Pine Tree Council will be celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the Boy Scouts of America with Scoutfest at the Windsor Fairgrounds in Windsor, Maine. In honor of this celebration the Maine Section of the ARRL will be providing assistance to the Pine Tree Council as they work the Special Event Station K1B. We will be working the traditional Scout Frequencies. Please note that we need to stay clear of 3940 kHz from 8 AM to 1 PM EST due to a Statewide Simulated Emergency Test.

      If you are present at the event we will be listening on simplex at 147.585 and we will have a repeater set-up for staff and scouts. The Radio Program can be found at the Police building on the Windsor Fairgrounds.

      For more information please contact:

      Tony Bessey, N1AJB
      Abnaki Sr. District Executive
      Pine Tree Council, BSA
      Assistant Section Manager for Scouting and Youth Program, Maine Section
      abessey@...