LHAC Merit Badge College

  • kb8dsr
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2010
      On December 11th, Lake Huron Area Council will be hosting Merit Badge College at Delta College (near Auburn, Michigan- just off of I75) I am looking for hams to bring equipment to help get scouts on the air and be control operators. I've been asked to bring the Radio Merit Badge to MBC for the first time. For this event, I would like to get about 5-7 hams to be control operators for the on-the-air portion of the badge. What I have done at JOTA before is to do the lecture session before lunch and the on-the-air session after lunch. (The menu at Delta is pretty good!) If I can get enough hams to commit, then we can do sessions simutaneously and I'll do the lecture before and after lunch with our scouts switching for the other session after lunch. I make the lecture fun with a power point and hands-on activities. I've got a dual band, aprs, and plain old 2m. I typically bring my J pole and see what we can do with it.

      There was even talk of doing the historic badges at this MBC.

      If you have any licensed scouts, it might be fun for them to sign up for a half day badge and then volunteer for the other half (at least that is what my son, kd8ixl, is looking at doing)

      Susan Hansen, kb8dsr