Controler is in.

  • Jon Pearl W4ABC
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 1999
      Dan W4BNC just received the new controller for the Dunedin ScoutRadio Hub in
      the mail today. We will be heading down to Matt's +ACo-KA9RIX+ACo- house tomorrow
      to drop off a stack of Micor's, the controler and some Moxy's.

      The controler we chose will allow for both a VHF and a UHF repeater to be
      utilized. I personally am not real crazy about having to deal with some of
      the antics of the 2 meter band, but it's a natural drawing card for boys
      with a first radio. We can beat 'em over the head later with the advantages
      of 70 cm.

      The controller will also have a port available dedicated to remote base
      usage, and when the system is finally built out, can be a real resource if
      interfaced with existing Sywarn/ACS, along as we have some hard and fast
      guidelines for the Scouting side to follow. I know it's tough now with
      ADULTS wanting to give a WX report every five minutes when the wind blows.
      This is Florida, and we experience Florida WX.

      We'll keep you updated...

      YIS
      Jon Pearl
      W4ABC
    • Chris KF4PUW
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28, 1999
        The controller will also have a port available dedicated to remote base
        usage, and when the system is finally built out, can be a real resource if
        interfaced with existing Sywarn/ACS, along as we have some hard and fast
        guidelines for the Scouting side to follow. I know it's tough now with
        ADULTS wanting to give a WX report every five minutes when the wind blows.
        This is Florida, and we experience Florida WX.

        Man+ACE- I tried to give a skywarn report on the Dunedin repeater but I couldnt
        make it+ACE-
        heheh..

        welp, im going to go play in the rain+ACE-

        Keep up the great work+ACE-
        73 to all,
        Chris KF4PUW