2010 Jambo Radio MB Materials Added to ScoutRadio Files

  • wb2boo
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 8, 2010
      John Deegan, K9XT, was kind enough to send me the easel pages and workbooks used to teach Radio Merit Badge at the 2010 BSA National Jamboree. I created a folder for them here on the ScoutRadio Yahoo Group so you can download them and use them if you wish. They are in two zip files with both editable files and PDF's for your use.

      Both are very good sets of materials. The Easel Pad pages might also be used to print posters for a Ham station located at a Scout camp or for teaching in the field without a computer.

      Eventually, I intend to get them on my Radio Merit Badge Website as well.

      Below is John's explanation.

      73

      Gary Wilson, K2GW

      ---------

      Attached are the easel pages and workbooks that were used at K2BSA. This year, training was divided into three sessions:

      · Session 1 - Requirements 1-3 (one hour)

      · Session 2 - Requirements 4-6 (one hour)

      · Session 3a - Requirements 7-8 PLUS 9a (ham radio)

      · Session 3b - Requirements 7-8 PLUS 9b (broadcast)

      · Session 3c - Requirements 7-8 PLUS 9c (shortwave listening)

      The workbooks reflect these sessions.

      The slides were updated and sometimes renumbered to track with the 2009 requirements.

      These slides are being sent you for posting on the K2GW site, if appropriate. PDF and native PowerPoint or MS Word formats are included with the files.

      Best 73s and YiS… de K9XT

      John Deegan
    • Peter Richey
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 8, 2010
        Gary,

        I just tried downloading the files from the YG, and was unsuccessful.
        I tried three different browsers and got same error in each case:

        "
        The requested document is not accessible."

        Suggestions?

        73 de n9hdw,
        Peter

        wb2boo wrote:
[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            ScoutRadio-digest@yahoogroups.com
            ScoutRadio-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • kb3co
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 8, 2010
          Gary,
          I tried to look at these files and Yahoo told me that they were not accessible! Any clues?

          Charlie
          KB3CO

          --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "wb2boo" <k2gw@...> wrote:

          > John Deegan, K9XT, was kind enough to send me the easel pages and workbooks used to teach Radio Merit Badge at the 2010 BSA National Jamboree. I created a folder for them here on the ScoutRadio Yahoo Group so you can download them and use them if you wish. They are in two zip files with both editable files and PDF's for your use.
          >
          > Both are very good sets of materials. The Easel Pad pages might also be used to print posters for a Ham station located at a Scout camp or for teaching in the field without a computer.
          >
          > Eventually, I intend to get them on my Radio Merit Badge Website as well.
          >
          > Below is John's explanation.
          >
          > 73
          >
          > Gary Wilson, K2GW
          >
          > ---------
          >

          > Attached are the easel pages and workbooks that were used at K2BSA. This year, training was divided into three sessions:
          >
          > · Session 1 - Requirements 1-3 (one hour)
          >
          > · Session 2 - Requirements 4-6 (one hour)
          >
          > · Session 3a - Requirements 7-8 PLUS 9a (ham radio)
          >
          > · Session 3b - Requirements 7-8 PLUS 9b (broadcast)
          >
          > · Session 3c - Requirements 7-8 PLUS 9c (shortwave listening)
          >

          > The workbooks reflect these sessions.
          >
          > The slides were updated and sometimes renumbered to track with the 2009 requirements.
          >
          > These slides are being sent you for posting on the K2GW site, if appropriate. PDF and native PowerPoint or MS Word formats are included with the files.
          >
          > Best 73s and YiS… de K9XT
          >
          > John Deegan

        • wb2boo
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 8, 2010
            --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Peter Richey <n9hdw@...> wrote:
            > I just tried downloading the files from the YG, and was unsuccessful.
            > I tried three different browsers and got same error in each case:
            >
            > "The requested document is not accessible."

            That's funny I suggest you try it again, as they both just succesfully downloaded for me after your posting. Or go to http://k2gw.tripod.com/radiomeritbadgeday/ and try downloading them from there.

            73

            Gary, K2GW
          • Frank Krizan
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 8, 2010
              Hi all,

              I just downloaded with no problem. Make sure you're logged on to Yahoo Groups before attempting to access.

              Gary -- thanks for posting.

              John -- thanks for contribution.

              73, Frank KR1ZAN
              On Aug 8, 2010, at 12:00 PM, wb2boo wrote:

              > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Peter Richey <n9hdw@...> wrote:
              > > I just tried downloading the files from the YG, and was unsuccessful.
              > > I tried three different browsers and got same error in each case:
              > >
              > > "The requested document is not accessible."
              >
              > That's funny I suggest you try it again, as they both just succesfully downloaded for me after your posting. Or go to http://k2gw.tripod.com/radiomeritbadgeday/ and try downloading them from there.
              >
              > 73
              >
              > Gary, K2GW

            • Jon Pearl - Laptop
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 8, 2010
                I accessed them on the first try, as well.

                73,

                Jon Pearl - W4ABC

                > I just downloaded with no problem. Make sure you're logged on to Yahoo
                > Groups before attempting to access.
                >
                > Gary -- thanks for posting.
                >
                > John -- thanks for contribution.
                >
                > 73, Frank KR1ZAN

                __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5349 (20100807) __________

                http://www.eset.com
              • Peter Richey
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 8, 2010
                  Yes. Tried YG again and worked right away for both files.
                  Was logged in both times. So I don't know what the problem was the first time.

                  Thanks for posting them
                  73,
                  Peter

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 8, 2010