Re: NTS Digital Traffic to K2BSA

  • wb2boo
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 28, 2010
      Thanks, Brian and the K2BSA crew and for all that you're doing down there! You guys are awesome. I'm glad to know that the NTS connection to K2BSA is working for the parent's Radiograms!

      I'm also glad that "Sparky", the 1911 Handbook transmitter and receiver, made it there OK to show the Scouts how far we've come in 100 years. Who knows what the radios of 2110 will look like when BSA celebrates it's 200th birthday!

      Let me know if there's anything you guys need down there (except for ice ! ) and we'll find a way to get it to you. Call or e-mail me 24/7.

      Gary Wilson, K2GW
      UC Mercer Area District
      Central New Jersey Council
    • Brian Mileshosky
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2010
        Hi Everyone --

        Greetings from the 2010 National Scout Jamboree.

        Collectors on this list might be interested in knowing that a K2BSA staff
        patch and QSL card signed by the 2010 K2BSA staff is available for bid on
        eBay. The proceeds will go to offset costs of this year's operation
        not covered under any budgets (i.e. out of the pocket of the staff) and
        also to be put towards expenses of planning for K2BSA to be established
        at the 2013 National Scout Jamboree in West Virginia.

        Only a few of these sets will be available.

        Do a search for "K2BSA" on eBay or look for item number 330457133034.

        As an aside, I apologize if this is an inappropriate posting, as I
        couldn't find posting guidelines on this list's web page.

        Two days remain in our historic operation at the 2010 National Jamboree
        and we will post a summary of the great job our staff has done introducing
        as many of the 43,000 participants as possible to the awesome world of ham
        radio.

        73,
        Brian N5ZGT
      • Kris Alberga
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2010
          Brian:

          I was up at the Jamboree for a couple days over the weekend - working as an agency exhibitor on the conservation and environment trail.  I didn't have much free time to roam around, but I did make it over to K2BSA and have a brief chat with Lenand (N5DGH) when I picked up my QSL card.

          I just wanted everyone getting your email to know what a great station you folks have put together.  The jamboree will be moving form Ft. AP Hill  to the Bechtel Summit Base and there are a lot of new setup costs that will be involved in getting K2BSA up and running in a new location (purchasing and setting a number of telephone poles/antenna masts, etc...).  You guys did (are doing) an amazing job as ambassadors of our hobby to "the younger generation".  Thanks!!

          YiS --- Kris (WY2V)

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2010
            Hi Brian:

            From the parents I've spoken to from our council, you guys have done a great job in getting a number of our Scouts hooked on Amateur Radio. Well done!

            Anything we can do to help you guys to defray out of pocket costs such as your post is certainly appropriate.

            I only wish you guys didn't have as good antennas as you did! Even your 40 meter ops were going over my head here in NJ as I could hear everyone answering you on 20 and 40 but you were very faint here.

            73

            Gary, K2GW
          • Bill Stewart, w2bsa
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2, 2010
              Yeah, that's a problem here in the DC area as well. We are about 75 highway miles and maybe
              about 30 or 40 air miles from A.P. Hill.

              73,
              Bill, W2BSA

              Hi Brian: