Special event station N7R active this week

  • Dale Lamm
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2010
      Amateur radio special event station N7R will be active from 7-26-10 through
      8-1-10 on the HF bands.

      We are helping to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Scouting in the USA.
      The modest station will be active from Seven Ranges Scout Reservation in
      eastern Ohio when conditions allow. Look for us NEAR the USA Scout
      frequencies, mostly late afternoons and early evenings. Station K2BSA will
      most likely be using the published Scout frequencies in conjunction with the
      Jamboree now taking place.

      A certificate will be returned free of charge upon receipt of a QSL card
      signifying contact with N7R and a SASE.

      QSL manager is NX8J. More info on QRZ.COM, search for N7R.

      Note: Seven Ranges is commonly abbreviated "7R" by staff and campers. Yes,
      Ohio is not in district 7, but the callsign N7R is very appropriate.

      YIS & 73,

      Dale NX8J
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 2010
        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Lamm" <DaleLamm@...> wrote:

        > Amateur radio special event station N7R will be active from 7-26-10
        through
        > 8-1-10 on the HF bands.
        >
        > We are helping to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Scouting in the
        USA.
        > The modest station will be active from Seven Ranges Scout Reservation
        in
        > eastern Ohio when conditions allow. Look for us NEAR the USA Scout
        > frequencies, mostly late afternoons and early evenings. Station K2BSA
        will
        > most likely be using the published Scout frequencies in conjunction
        with the
        > Jamboree now taking place.
        >
        > A certificate will be returned free of charge upon receipt of a QSL
        card
        > signifying contact with N7R and a SASE.
        >
        > QSL manager is NX8J. More info on QRZ.COM, search for N7R.
        >
        > Note: Seven Ranges is commonly abbreviated "7R" by staff and campers.
        Yes,
        > Ohio is not in district 7, but the callsign N7R is very appropriate.
        >
        > YIS & 73,
        >
        > Dale NX8J

        Dale,

        Will you be working any Digital modes?

        Bill KE7NKF
      • Dale Lamm
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28, 2010
          [snip]

          Will you be working any Digital modes?

          Bill KE7NKF

          [end]

          This weekend we hope to be RTTY and/or PSK31 and 160 meters. We'll ask to be
          spotted, so check the clusters. Sunday looks to be the most active day on
          the air.

          Perseids don't kick in till August 12, but if Ping Jockey is filled with
          active Q's, we'll be on 6 meters 50.260 MHz via meteor on Sunday night.

          So many special event stations concentrate solely on 40/20 meters. We placed
          a few 80 meter Q's in the log Monday night, plus 40 meters. Many more 40
          meter Q's Wednesday night. A-index of 15 coupled with passing T-storms made
          it tough, hoping for better conditions next few days.

          YIS & 73,

          Dale

          Real time MS spots at: http://www.pingjockey.net/cgi-bin/pingtalk/