Introduction de N5ZGT

  • Brian P. Mileshosky
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2001
      Hi All,

      I'm one of the newbies on the list and thought I'd introduce myself. My
      name is Brian Mileshosky, and I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I'm 21,
      and first became licensed at 12.

      Amateur Radio-wise:
      I'm ready to take the Extra exam, and love HF, VHF/UHF, CW, QRP CW, QRPp
      CW, APRS, packet, T-Hunting, satellites, and normal rag-chewing. T-Hunting
      is a ton of fun for me, and I'm on the planning committee for the 2001 USA
      Amateur Radio Direction Finding Championships, which take place this summer
      in Albuquerque (we are looking for youth participants if you are
      interested!) Many countries are sending teams to this event along with many
      T-Hunters from around the US. I also enjoy hosting JOTA, as it is one of
      the items on my Wood Badge ticket. I also author the Youth@...
      column on the ARRL WebExtra website (their member's only area), where I
      feature topics that are of interest to young Hams and potential young Hams.

      Scouting-wise:
      I'm one of the old guys now (21), so I'm an ASM of Troop 41 in
      Albuquerque. Got my Eagle in 1996 with two palms. I'm active in the OA as
      past Lodge 66 Chief, Section W5A Secretary and Western Region National
      Leadership Seminar trainer. I'm a Vigil-Honor Arrowman. I trained
      leadership at the last NOAC and will be doing the same at the next one. I'm
      also serving as staff at K2BSA this summer at the Jamboree. I'm also working
      to build Venture Crew 296 in Albuquerque, which is an Amateur Radio-related
      Crew, though all of the members moved away to college a year ago.

      I look forward to the discussion on this list, as its great to see
      people combining two loves -- Scouting and Amateur Radio. Please visit my
      homepage where you can find out about my involvement in Amateur Radio at
      http://www.swcp.com/~n5zgt

      73,
      Brian, N5ZGT