SPECIAL EVENT STATION: Didcot District Evac Camp 29-31st May

  • msstevenhu
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2010
      The Scouts of Didcot District will be "evacuated" from Cholsey to Wallingford (by steam train) where they will have to "march" to their new temporary accommodation. The theme of the weekend camp is Evacuation. The food will be basic (and approximately what was available towards the end of WWII), and, although there will be a sweet shop, they will have a ration book and will be "severely" rationed.

      We will also have a small museum (or "memory lane") with bits and pieces from WWII and a party of veterans (and ladies from the local "old folks" home) will be visiting on Sunday afternoon for a sing along and tea.

      We hope to operate GB2EVC (un-prototypically) on various bands over the three days.

      If you hear us on the air, please say hello. If you're in the area, and have nothing better to do, we would love you to visit.

      In typical boy scouts style ... our location is OS: SU 595894.

      The radio team comprises: Steve (M6EMW), Declan (M6DEC), Marc (M6ZQC), Liz (G0RJX) and Richard (G0REL).

      73, Steve (M6EMW and SL 23rd Didcot Scouts) and Richard (G0REL).