RE: [ScoutRadio] Re: National Jamboree Summit on the Air

  • Robert Bruninga
    Message 1 of 19 , May 10, 2010
      > Do you have any frequencies for use at the Jamboree by
      participants?
      > Also, what is/are the on-site repeater frequency or
      > frequencies at the Jamboree and where is it going to be
      > located within A. P. Hill?

      The bigger question will be Echolink or IRLP?
      It would sure be amazing if someone could put an Echolink node
      on the air within HT range of the site.

      Bob, Wb4APR
    • Robert Bruninga
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 4, 2010
        > During the 2010 National BSA Jamboree, Jul 26-Aug4,
        > wouldn't it be cool if we could have Jamboree
        > participants in Virginia talk to Hams operating
        > from the peak (or on-the-mountain) of
        > Mt. Baden-Powell in the San Gabriel Mountains?

        The 26th (Sunday) is the annual Golden Packet event where hams
        attempt long distance APRS text messaging along the long
        national trails. In 2009 was our first attempt at the 2000 mile
        Appalachain trail where we hoped to make it work over 14 hops.

        This year we hope western hams will activate the Pacific Crest
        trail, or the Continental Divide trail or others...

        Please check www.aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html

        Bob, WB4APR