RE: [ScoutRadio] Re: National Jamboree Summit on the Air

  • Mike Cornwall
    Message 1 of 19 , May 8, 2010
          Tried to leave a "good luck" guest comment about 8 times...I don't believe the security code CAN be entered in a way the web page will recognize.  Sorry.

      Mike Cornwall RPh
      KB9WQJ (Ham Radio)
      WPWG606 (GMRS)
      mccornwall@... (primary)
      Michael.Cornwall@... (work)
      RKBA!-The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a Fundamental Human Right!
      Molon labe!

      From: dgaddis@comcast. net
      Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:15:01 +0000

      Hi,

      K2BSA will be operating continuously during the upcoming 2010 National Scout Jamboree. Your group in San Gabriel Mountains will be able to make contact on the standard Scout frequencies.

      Please visit www.nsj2010ham. com for all the details on the K2BSA operation at Jamboree.

      David
      --

      k2bsa@comcast. net
      www.nsj2010ham. com

      __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5096 (20100507) __________

      http://www.eset. com

      __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5096 (20100507) __________

      http://www.eset. com

    • J.Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
      Message 2 of 19 , May 8, 2010

        Mike,

        I was able to leave a guestbook note a couple of minutes ago and saw the guest counter increment when I did.

        Yours in Scouting!
        Thanks & 73,

        Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

        201.314.6964

        __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5097 (20100509) __________

        http://www.eset.com

        __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5097 (20100509) __________

        http://www.eset.com

      • Stephen M. Shearer
        Message 3 of 19 , May 10, 2010

          Please note…  The pdf file “K2BSA and you…” has the old (pre 2007) JOTA freq’s – as the document is from the 2005 Jamboree.  Below are what is currently on the ARRL page: http://www.arrl.org/jamboree-on-the-air-jota

          ·         World Scout Frequencies-

          Band

          SSB (phone)

          CW (morse)

          80 m

          3.690 & 3.940 MHz

          3.570 MHz

          40 m

          7.090 & 7.190 MHz

          7.030 MHz

          20 m

          14.290 MHz

          14.060 MHz

          17 m

          18.140 MHz

          18.080 MHz

          15 m

          21.360 MHz

          21.140 MHz

          12 m

          24.960 MHz

          24.910 MHz

          10 m

          28.390 MHz

          28.180 MHz

          6 m

          50.160 MHz

          50.160 MHz

          ·         Please note that the World Scout Frequencies changed 1 July 2007. The International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) changed its band plans to create space for more digital transmissions. Some Scout frequencies are affected by this.  Traditionally, Scout Frequencies were chosen in a segment where low-power, simple stations are transmitting (QRP). This allows Scouts to operate such stations from camp sites and still be able to communicate with others. Some of these frequencies have changed over time. The amateur radio bands are increasingly busy with competitions. With the Scout frequencies chosen outside of the contest segments as far as possible, Scout stations can operate undisturbed.

          From: dgaddis@comcast. net
          Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:15:01 +0000

          Hi,

          K2BSA will be operating continuously during the upcoming 2010 National Scout Jamboree. Your group in San Gabriel Mountains will be able to make contact on the standard Scout frequencies.

          Please visit www.nsj2010ham. com for all the details on the K2BSA operation at Jamboree.

          David
          --
          2010 National Scout Jamboree
          K2BSA Amateur Radio Staff
          License Coordinator

          David Q. Gaddis, P.E., KE4KPC
          5600 Green Valley Drive
          Knoxville , TN 37914
          (865) 637-2173

          dgaddis@comcast. net
          k2bsa@comcast. net
          www.nsj2010ham. com

          --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogro ups.com, "Gregory" <more_toys@. ..> wrote:

          > Attn South Western US Hams. I had an idea, but need
          some help making it happen.

          > During the 2010 National BSA Jamboree, Jul 26-Aug4, wouldn't it be cool if
          we could have Jamboree participants in Virginia talk to Hams operating from the peak (or on-the-mountain) of Mt. Baden-Powell in the San Gabriel Mountains ?

          > Prefereably the hams on Mt. BP
          would be scouts. This could be a 2-3 day, or all week, operating event and we could send special QSL cards from there - with special event call sign W6BP or similar.

          > Does anyone have experience doing something like this before? Give me a
          call/email - or answer back to this group - if you think we can make it happen.

          > Greg Chapelle
          > Scoutmaster, Troop 667, San Diego , California
          > http://www.troop667 .info
          > more_toys@.. .
          > WA6YLR
          > 858.484.2580 (home)

          __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5096 (20100507) __________

          http://www.eset. com

          __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5096 (20100507) __________

          http://www.eset. com

          __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5096 (20100507) __________

          http://www.eset. com

          __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5097 (20100509) __________

          http://www.eset. com

        • Robert Bruninga
          Message 4 of 19 , May 10, 2010
            > Do you have any frequencies for use at the Jamboree by
            participants?
            > Also, what is/are the on-site repeater frequency or
            > frequencies at the Jamboree and where is it going to be
            > located within A. P. Hill?

            The bigger question will be Echolink or IRLP?
            It would sure be amazing if someone could put an Echolink node
            on the air within HT range of the site.

            Bob, Wb4APR
          • Robert Bruninga
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 4, 2010
              > During the 2010 National BSA Jamboree, Jul 26-Aug4,
              > wouldn't it be cool if we could have Jamboree
              > participants in Virginia talk to Hams operating
              > from the peak (or on-the-mountain) of
              > Mt. Baden-Powell in the San Gabriel Mountains?

              The 26th (Sunday) is the annual Golden Packet event where hams
              attempt long distance APRS text messaging along the long
              national trails. In 2009 was our first attempt at the 2000 mile
              Appalachain trail where we hoped to make it work over 14 hops.

              This year we hope western hams will activate the Pacific Crest
              trail, or the Continental Divide trail or others...

              Please check www.aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html

              Bob, WB4APR