Re: [scoutradio] Camp Merit badges

  • James Mahoney
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2001
      If you go to www.arrl.org they have a section on Jamboree on the Air.
      These are the frequencies most often used for scout radio communications.

      Jim Mahoney
      KB3BYU
      SM Troop 107, Allentown, PA

      On Mon, 2 Apr 2001 02:24:19 -0700 "Randy Wells" <KG6AYP@...>
      writes:
      > This Year at camp we're going to have a ham shack set up so that
      > we can do the merit badge. I was asked to ask this group if any
      > other camps do this and if so what freq's they might use so that we
      > could get the scouts to maybe talk to each other.
      > Also we are trying to ask the arrl for some of their learning
      > material's they normaly might send to the school's for their new
      > program, one of the arrl officials mentioned we might be able to get
      > this info. Just though it might be usfull if others knew this might
      > be possible :)
      >
      > 73
      > KG6AYP

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Dick and Liz Olsen
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2001
        Years ago (+40) I set up my ham station, K7AWD, at summer camp in Montana.
        The station was very popular as I would send messages back home. During
        the day, I would teach Morse code as at that time it was required for 1st
        class.

        Great memories.

        Dick Olsen
        KH6DO, 4U1VIC
        Vienna, Austria

        >>I am thinking of doing the radio merit badge a week at camp this year. I
        haven't started to work on it.

        The camp was very supportive last year just in having an ham station.

        Darryl Wagoner - WA1GON