Re: [ScoutRadio] Looking for a Monday QSO

  • Troop 895
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22, 2010
      Any ideas other than ecko link to get a troop interested in radio? I would like to get more operprators in my troop and get more young people involved to keep our hobby alive forever. As with most troop small budget to work with. Any ideas are helpful.------

      We finally did our own JOTA a few years ago and the boys loved it! Camped out on our church's back lot and let the boys talk with locals and other Scouts on a local 2 meter repeater. We gave a mini-class not long after for parents and the boys. Got a few licensed by the following spring. The boys pretty much ran the show last year. If you have someone that can demo PSK-31, you might get some additional interest there as well. Something about the combination of radio AND computer that they like ;)

      David, we meet Monday evenings, too. I've forwarded your request for an Echo Link QSO to our Senior Patrol Leader. We need to make sure Echo Link will work through our church's router. As soon as we find out, we'll see if we can set up a schedule.

      Alan - KB0PKL
      Scoutmaster Troop 895

      From: "THOMAS BINGHAM " <dragon_slayer1980@...>
      Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:15:56 +0000