Re: [ScoutRadio] Icom educational materials

  • Allan R. Batteiger
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2010
      Good evening
      ICOM has been very generous with these materials to Ham
      instructors. I call ICOM about twice year to restock my supplies for my
      Tech and General classes. The mode I have used in the past is to call
      the phone number and leave my name, Callsign, address and a request for
      Amateur Radio handouts for my Technician and General classes and an
      approx qty. I normally get 100-200 / order. Normally a week or two
      later I will get one or two heavy boxes with the materials. If ICOM is
      attending a local Ham Radio convention I would bet a short conversation
      with them will result in them leaving any excess material with you,
      ifyou are willing to pick it up at the end of the show.

      Allan
      WB5QNG

      Hi Wayne,
      > I'm not associated with Icom. I did some browser searches. Did not find anything resembling the ad. What I have published below is basically all the ad has to say, other than a few extra words and some pictures of the materials.
      >
      > I did find on the Icom web site, a link to the previous comic books: http://www.icomamerica.com/en/amateur/comic_book/Default.aspx
      >
      > Anyone needing more details can simply contact Icom at the email shown below or call them on the phone.
      >
      > 73, Frank KR1ZAN
      >

      > On Apr 18, 2010, at 1:39 PM, Wayne Stephens wrote:
      >

      >> Is the ad available on line?
      >>

      >> Wayne Stephens, KD0AAA
      >>
      >> Trustee Camp Wilderness Amateur Radio Club K0NLC

    • Mark Phillips
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2010
        Got mine by FedEx today.

        I was expecting educational materials but I got the comic book. Lots of
        copies of each edition but no educational materials.

        Mark