RE: [ScoutRadio] Icom educational materials

  • Wayne Stephens
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2010

      Is the ad available on line?

      Wayne Stephens, KD0AAA

      Trustee Camp Wilderness Amateur Radio Club K0NLC

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 18, 2010
        Hi Wayne,

        I'm not associated with Icom. I did some browser searches. Did not find anything resembling the ad. What I have published below is basically all the ad has to say, other than a few extra words and some pictures of the materials.

        I did find on the Icom web site, a link to the previous comic books: http://www.icomamerica.com/en/amateur/comic_book/Default.aspx

        Anyone needing more details can simply contact Icom at the email shown below or call them on the phone.

        73, Frank KR1ZAN

        On Apr 18, 2010, at 1:39 PM, Wayne Stephens wrote:

        > Is the ad available on line?
        >

        > Wayne Stephens, KD0AAA
        >
        > Trustee Camp Wilderness Amateur Radio Club K0NLC

      • Allan R. Batteiger
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 18, 2010
          Good evening
          ICOM has been very generous with these materials to Ham
          instructors. I call ICOM about twice year to restock my supplies for my
          Tech and General classes. The mode I have used in the past is to call
          the phone number and leave my name, Callsign, address and a request for
          Amateur Radio handouts for my Technician and General classes and an
          approx qty. I normally get 100-200 / order. Normally a week or two
          later I will get one or two heavy boxes with the materials. If ICOM is
          attending a local Ham Radio convention I would bet a short conversation
          with them will result in them leaving any excess material with you,
          ifyou are willing to pick it up at the end of the show.

          Allan
          WB5QNG

          Hi Wayne,
          > I'm not associated with Icom. I did some browser searches. Did not find anything resembling the ad. What I have published below is basically all the ad has to say, other than a few extra words and some pictures of the materials.
          >
          > I did find on the Icom web site, a link to the previous comic books: http://www.icomamerica.com/en/amateur/comic_book/Default.aspx
          >
          > Anyone needing more details can simply contact Icom at the email shown below or call them on the phone.
          >
          > 73, Frank KR1ZAN
          >

          > On Apr 18, 2010, at 1:39 PM, Wayne Stephens wrote:
          >

          >> Is the ad available on line?
          >>

          >> Wayne Stephens, KD0AAA
          >>
          >> Trustee Camp Wilderness Amateur Radio Club K0NLC

        • Mark Phillips
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2010
            Got mine by FedEx today.

            I was expecting educational materials but I got the comic book. Lots of
            copies of each edition but no educational materials.

            Mark