RE: [scoutradio] Camp Merit badges

  • Darryl Wagoner
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4 11:06 AM
      Hi,

      I am thinking of doing the radio merit badge a week at camp this year.  I haven't started
      to work on it.

      The camp was very supportive last year just in having an ham station.

      Darryl Wagoner - WA1GON

    • James Mahoney
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4 11:43 AM
        If you go to www.arrl.org they have a section on Jamboree on the Air.
        These are the frequencies most often used for scout radio communications.

        Jim Mahoney
        KB3BYU
        SM Troop 107, Allentown, PA

        On Mon, 2 Apr 2001 02:24:19 -0700 "Randy Wells" <KG6AYP@...>
        writes:
        > This Year at camp we're going to have a ham shack set up so that
        > we can do the merit badge. I was asked to ask this group if any
        > other camps do this and if so what freq's they might use so that we
        > could get the scouts to maybe talk to each other.
        > Also we are trying to ask the arrl for some of their learning
        > material's they normaly might send to the school's for their new
        > program, one of the arrl officials mentioned we might be able to get
        > this info. Just though it might be usfull if others knew this might
        > be possible :)
        >
        > 73
        > KG6AYP

        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
      • Dick and Liz Olsen
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4 12:33 PM
          Years ago (+40) I set up my ham station, K7AWD, at summer camp in Montana.
          The station was very popular as I would send messages back home. During
          the day, I would teach Morse code as at that time it was required for 1st
          class.

          Great memories.

          Dick Olsen
          KH6DO, 4U1VIC