Icom educational materials

  • Frank Krizan
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2010
      Reference: QST, May 2010, page 163

      Icom has an ad directed to Scout Leaders regarding the National Jamboree at Fort A.P. Hill. Icom is offering "educational amateur radio comic books, band plans, grid square maps and world maps".

      The ad says to send in your requests by April 30th (2010) to literature@... or call 425-450-6088. The ad also states "Please include your troop number, number of kids, plus provide a full mailing address (no PO Boxes). Quantities are limited and are subject to Icom America approval."

      See the advertisement for the full details; however, it doesn't state if this is for units going to the National Jambo or for anyone. We can all participate. What a great way to enjoy the Jambo without being there -- wouldn't it be great to have every Council on the air during the National Jamboree?

      73, Frank KR1ZAN
      President, K2BSA Amateur Radio Association
      Garland, TX
    • Wayne Stephens
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 18, 2010

        Is the ad available on line?

        Wayne Stephens, KD0AAA

        Trustee Camp Wilderness Amateur Radio Club K0NLC

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 18, 2010
          Hi Wayne,

          I'm not associated with Icom. I did some browser searches. Did not find anything resembling the ad. What I have published below is basically all the ad has to say, other than a few extra words and some pictures of the materials.

          I did find on the Icom web site, a link to the previous comic books: http://www.icomamerica.com/en/amateur/comic_book/Default.aspx

          Anyone needing more details can simply contact Icom at the email shown below or call them on the phone.

          73, Frank KR1ZAN

          On Apr 18, 2010, at 1:39 PM, Wayne Stephens wrote:

          > Is the ad available on line?
          >

          > Wayne Stephens, KD0AAA
          >
          > Trustee Camp Wilderness Amateur Radio Club K0NLC

        • Allan R. Batteiger
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 18, 2010
            Good evening
            ICOM has been very generous with these materials to Ham
            instructors. I call ICOM about twice year to restock my supplies for my
            Tech and General classes. The mode I have used in the past is to call
            the phone number and leave my name, Callsign, address and a request for
            Amateur Radio handouts for my Technician and General classes and an
            approx qty. I normally get 100-200 / order. Normally a week or two
            later I will get one or two heavy boxes with the materials. If ICOM is
            attending a local Ham Radio convention I would bet a short conversation
            with them will result in them leaving any excess material with you,
            ifyou are willing to pick it up at the end of the show.

            Allan
            WB5QNG

            Hi Wayne,
            > I'm not associated with Icom. I did some browser searches. Did not find anything resembling the ad. What I have published below is basically all the ad has to say, other than a few extra words and some pictures of the materials.
            >
            > I did find on the Icom web site, a link to the previous comic books: http://www.icomamerica.com/en/amateur/comic_book/Default.aspx
            >
            > Anyone needing more details can simply contact Icom at the email shown below or call them on the phone.
            >
            > 73, Frank KR1ZAN
            >

            > On Apr 18, 2010, at 1:39 PM, Wayne Stephens wrote:
            >

            >> Is the ad available on line?
            >>

            >> Wayne Stephens, KD0AAA
            >>
            >> Trustee Camp Wilderness Amateur Radio Club K0NLC

          • Mark Phillips
            Message 5 of 5 , May 1 7:29 PM
              Got mine by FedEx today.

              I was expecting educational materials but I got the comic book. Lots of
              copies of each edition but no educational materials.

              Mark