Camp Merit badges

  • Randy Wells
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
          This Year at camp we're going to have a ham shack set up so that we can do the merit badge.  I was asked to ask this group if any other camps do this and if so what freq's they might use so that we could get the scouts to maybe talk to each other.
          Also we are trying to ask the arrl for some of their learning material's they normaly might send to the school's for their new program, one of the arrl officials mentioned we might be able to get this info.  Just though it might be usfull if others knew this might be possible :)

      73
      KG6AYP
    • Darryl Wagoner
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2001
        Hi,

        I am thinking of doing the radio merit badge a week at camp this year.  I haven't started
        to work on it.

        The camp was very supportive last year just in having an ham station.

        Darryl Wagoner - WA1GON

      • James Mahoney
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2001
          If you go to www.arrl.org they have a section on Jamboree on the Air.
          These are the frequencies most often used for scout radio communications.

          Jim Mahoney
          KB3BYU
          SM Troop 107, Allentown, PA

          On Mon, 2 Apr 2001 02:24:19 -0700 "Randy Wells" <KG6AYP@...>
          writes:
          > This Year at camp we're going to have a ham shack set up so that
          > we can do the merit badge. I was asked to ask this group if any
          > other camps do this and if so what freq's they might use so that we
          > could get the scouts to maybe talk to each other.
          > Also we are trying to ask the arrl for some of their learning
          > material's they normaly might send to the school's for their new
          > program, one of the arrl officials mentioned we might be able to get
          > this info. Just though it might be usfull if others knew this might
          > be possible :)
          >
          > 73
          > KG6AYP

          GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
        • Dick and Liz Olsen
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2001
            Years ago (+40) I set up my ham station, K7AWD, at summer camp in Montana.
            The station was very popular as I would send messages back home. During
            the day, I would teach Morse code as at that time it was required for 1st
            class.

            Great memories.

            Dick Olsen
            KH6DO, 4U1VIC