Re: [ScoutRadio] Re: General Test Upgrade for Eleven Year Old

  • Elden Morris
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 5, 2010

      There is no url for the Power Point Presentation. I purchased

      The ARRL Instructor's Manual for Technician and General License Courses
      -- 4th Edition

      from the ARRL web site under Instructor Support. It cost $19.00 and comes with a manual and CD rom. This version includes both the Technician AND General and works very well.

      I bought my copy a year ago before I taught my first calss. I've taught two small classes and have 14 new hams out there as a result. As soon as the new manual is available, I will be buying it also.

      I have another class set up for in April with a 10 year old already signed up.

      If you will be teaching classes, make sure you register as an instructor with the ARRL. This gives you advertising on the ARRL site under classes as well as a discount when purchasing training aids.

      I have an old Power Point Presentation for the Radio Merit Badge Class I teach if you want it. It was put together by a friend who is also a merit badge counselor.

      73's & Yours in Scouting

      ELDEN MORRIS, N1ETN

      Radio Merit Badge Counselor

      Covered Bridge & Foothills Districts