Re: [ScoutRadio] General Test Upgrade for Eleven Year Old

  • Steven Read (ab9ol)
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2010
      Thanks very much. Podcasts were not something I had considered it is
      getting late and we have bad weather coming so I have to get up extra
      early for the commute. I will start downloading the files from these
      sites over the weekend. Money is very much of an issue so I will have to
      think carefully before purchasing anything (I have three in college and
      the family of person working on the general has limited resources --
      health issues of the father.)

      --

      Steven Read - ab9ol - (em79jt)
      Dublin, IN
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 5, 2010

        There is no url for the Power Point Presentation. I purchased

        The ARRL Instructor's Manual for Technician and General License Courses
        -- 4th Edition

        from the ARRL web site under Instructor Support. It cost $19.00 and comes with a manual and CD rom. This version includes both the Technician AND General and works very well.

        I bought my copy a year ago before I taught my first calss. I've taught two small classes and have 14 new hams out there as a result. As soon as the new manual is available, I will be buying it also.

        I have another class set up for in April with a 10 year old already signed up.

        If you will be teaching classes, make sure you register as an instructor with the ARRL. This gives you advertising on the ARRL site under classes as well as a discount when purchasing training aids.

        I have an old Power Point Presentation for the Radio Merit Badge Class I teach if you want it. It was put together by a friend who is also a merit badge counselor.

        73's & Yours in Scouting

        ELDEN MORRIS, N1ETN

        Radio Merit Badge Counselor

        Covered Bridge & Foothills Districts