KA9BSA Commemorating National Trails Day!

  • Jon Pearl W4ABC
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26 6:44 PM
      Information for all - from a fellow Scouter...

      Hello Jon,
      I saw your message about Scout related radio. I want to pass along
      information about a special event station that my troop is organizing.

      On Saturday June 2, 2001 Troop 66 Carbondale, Illinois in cooperation with
      the Southern Illinois University Amateur Radio Club will be commemorating
      National Trails Day by operating a special event station in southern
      Illinois, near the route of the American Discovery Trail.

      The special event station will be using Troop 66's club callsign: KA9BSA.

      Information about frequencies and QSLs will be published in QST.

      See the latest Boy's Life for a great article about the American Discovery
      Trail and work that scouts have done to make the trail a reality.

      I really appreciate anything you can do to spread the word about this event.

      Thanks and 73,

      John Mead, W9OW
      Scoutmaster, Troop 66 Carbondale, IL
      Greater St. Louis Area Council