  • Bill Stewart
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 26, 2009
      We are very familiar with Columbia Amateur Radio Association, since, we are located
      just down the road in Alexandria, VA. We have been to their hamfest in the past.
      I wish you the best of luck with those who are interested in furthering their radio studies.
      You can find info about how we do our classes on our website http://www.w3bsa.org

      Bill, W2BSA

      Tom Baxter wrote:

      Thanks Bill.
      John was actually taking care of the training part of the program while I was conducting the QSOs aspect.  John is the Radio Merit Badge Counselor for Troop 944 and also an instructor in the very active Columbia Amateur Radio Association.  He mentioned to me that there were several other boys who expressed interest in merit badges and potentially licenses.
      Our presentation was made at a Church of Latter Day Saints and the Bishop of the Church is also the Troop Leader.  He continually told us about how excited some of the boys were about pursuing their interest in radio further.  It was made clear to us, however, in a very cordial manner that he would notify us of the identity of boys who were interested in following up for either the merit badge or Tech License.
      Congratulations to you on your success!!  I can only hope that we do half as well.  Actually, I think we did a pretty good job in the fifty minutes allocated to us.  We planted a lot of seeds.  Only time will tell if they come to fruition.
      Again thanks for your helpful input.
      73, Tom K3MOV