Re: [scoutradio] Digest Number 135

  • jamesmahoney@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2001
      I am currently working on starting a radio club at my local middle
      school. I my proposal I am stating the many benefits of amateur radio.
      In addition to electronics the students learn Math, Geography, Foreign
      language skills, Social skills, and (always an attention getter)
      diversity. Studying for their licenses and learning the code give the
      students the real self esteem they get from meeting a challenge head on
      and being successful. It's also a lot of fun. Good luck with your
      project.

      Jim Mahoney KB3BYU
      SM Troop 107
      Allentown, PA