JOTA at the National Scouting Museum in Irving, Texas, USA

  • n5hyp
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2009
      The Irving Amateur Radio club, under the auspices of the Circle Ten Council International Committee is putting on a large scale JOTA event at the National Scouting Museum in Irving, Texas. Call sign for the event will be K2BSA/5. Event times will be from 1400Z to 2200Z on October 17.

      Operation will be on standard Scout HF frequencies on 40 and 20 Meters SSB and PSK31. We will also host an IRLP reflector channel on Node 9451, The Dallas Reflector. Multiple stations can log into this channel but priority will be given to International stations. We may also be found on node 4150. On that node we will make calls in the first half hour of each hour and wait for calls the second. It is possible we will have a couple of Echolink VOIP nodes but are not sure of Numbers yet.

      An exciting element of this JOTA event will be a scheduled Amateur Radio on the International Space Station contact with Scouts at the museum. Exact time is still unknown but will probably be around 1700Z to 1800Z. Audio will be available on local Dallas Tx area repeaters but also on the AMSAT-NA web site. A link for this audio will be made available on this forum as it becomes available.

      We look forward to talking to your JOTA operation. Lets all give a wonderful experience to all the Scouts that participate wherever you are.

      Please contact me, Tom Schuessler, N5HYP at n5hyp@... for more information about what we are doing or to set up a contact time, frequency or Node.

      73 de Tom, N5HYP
      n5hyp@...