Re: [ScoutRadio] Opportunity,Commercial Radio moving to narrowband channels, old ones for Scouts

  • w2bsa@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2009
      Folks you may still have to get them licensed depending on what they are used for and that can be an expensive proposition.

      Bill, W2BSA

      From: "Tom Sharp"
      Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 22:58:32 -0700
      To: <ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [ScoutRadio] Opportunity, Commercial Radio moving to narrowband channels, old ones for Scouts

      FCC has only set the 1/1/2013 date for 12.5 kHz.  No date set for 6.25.

      ---Tom  WA9OXY

      From: "briankaywalker" <briankaywalker@ gmail.com>

      > Private Land Mobile Radio (used at Hospitals, municipal government, state, and local public safety systems etc.), are having to
      upgrade equipment from 25 Khz wide channels to 12.5 and then 6.25... This will create a bunch of gear that you might be able to get
      for free and use at Summer Camps etc... the change is starting now, and must be compete by 2013.

      I was under the impression that only 12.5 had to be completed before 1/1/2013.
      I forget the exact deadline for 6.25 but it's not 2013, is it?

      Ray, KB0STN