Re: [ScoutRadio] PSK31 for the texting generation! Re: New Guy

  • Dale Lamm
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 31 2:59 PM
      [snip]

      Dale have you used your light bulb antenna to do HF to local HF? How about
      sharing that Hamvention setup you had with the group... it would be great
      for local practice...

      Brian
      K9BKW

      [end]

      You're always a source of good info (and links) Brian. TNX much!

      Will write up the light-bulb QSO stuff when I can. Off to a BSA event and
      then a Webelos demo Saturday morning.

      Can share a quick PSK31 story.... Did not pack the computer line out to rig
      mike in cable on a recent camp demo. Had a rig speaker to computer line in
      cable, so we could see the waterfall but could not transmit. I thought, why
      not? Hit F9 to transmit PSK, squeeze PTT and held the mike up to the
      laptop's tiny speakers. It worked, but copy was not 100%, according to the
      fellow on the receiving end. I'll bet his waterfall looked funny!

      73 de Dale