Ham Radio for Scouts and Dads

  • ray@sirois.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2001
      After a successful experiment last fall with a
      Ham Radio Course for Scouts and Dads, we
      have another one planned starting March 6
      thru April 9, six consecutive Monday nights.
      6:30pm to 8:15pm. Scouts, Dads, and
      "anyone else" who wants to take the course
      to prepare for their Technician Class exam.

      The course will be held at Camp Hinds BSA,
      and is co-sponsored by the American Red
      Cross who has a number of volunteers to be
      trained. Scouts also can earn their Radio
      Merit badge in the process. We will be
      setting up an HF station on Saturday 3/17
      for some hands on at the Camp.

      Last fall's course netted 4 new hams:
      KB1FYO, FYP, FYQ, and FYR... and another
      bunch who have not passed yet... However
      the seed is planted, and its just a matter of time.
      We'll keep you informed how this spring's class
      turns out.
      73 de N1RY
      Ray
      Scout Club call: WJ0TA