Thanks to all, Space Jam 3 was a big Success, Balloon repeater, ISS Contact

  • Brian Walker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2009
      Thanks to all that worked the Space Jam-3 Balloon Saturday...

      The Cross band repeater was in almost continuous use throughout the
      high altitude portion of the ascent. Contacts covered great distances
      with one earth balloon earth contact going between Walbridge OH and
      Mexico MO (470+ miles). The balloon made it to 99,300 and burst (we
      planned to float it, but it just kept going up and up).

      We didn't get the ATV to work (we will do it next year at Space Jam 4,
      Aug 7-9th 2010, if your Unit wants to come watch www.spacejamboree.com
      for more details).

      A special thanks to the Vermilion County Amateur Radio Association,
      Dave Cline KB9ZMF (and David KC9HZN) lead the charge! Josh Kittle,
      N9WEW and Jim Kiser, KB9AZA ran the Radio Merit Badge. Dave said he
      thought he had 200 Scouts on the radio Saturday! And DePauw
      University's Howard Brooks KC9QBN.

      Space Jam is about Scouts getting into technology!!! Hope you caught
      our ARISS contact Sunday (10:55 CDT), with Robert Thirsk VA3CSA (just
      after BSA!), thanks to Charlie Sufana AJ9N for help and putting the
      Audio of the contact on the Kankakee Area RS Hamfest in Peotone IL's
      event PA system!

      Brian Walker
      K9BWK
      WB9SA trustee