Please contact our Radio merit badge class on the these JOTA freq uencies on Sat. 2/17 at 11:00 AM MST.

  • n7tek@amsat.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2001
      TO: All HAMs, Scouters, & Scouts.

      One of the districts in West Jordan Utah is holding a Radio merit badge
      class this Saturday, 2/17/2001. After the class the Scouts will be trying
      to make contact on the following 10m, 20m, 40m (& maybe 15m depending on
      propagation) JOTA phone frequencies at 11:00 AM MST (1:00 PM EST):

      BAND Phone (MHz)
      ---- -------
      40m 7.270**
      20m 14.290
      15m 21.360
      10m 28.390*

      If possible we would like to talk to other Scouts (& HAMs) on the air. We
      hope we can link up with you on the air! Call KK7JO (questions? Send him
      email at kk7jo@...).

      73 & Thank you,
      N7TEK
      John Blackham, N7TEK
      HOME ADDRESS:
      384 N. 75 E., North Salt Lake, UT 84054-2320
      PHONE: (H)801-295-3036 (W)801-588-1216
      EMAIL: n7tek@...

      Here is a list of the JOTA frequencies:

      BAND Phone (MHz) CW (MHz)

      80m 3.740 & 3.940 3.590
      40m 7.270** 7.030
      20m 14.290 14.070
      17m 18.140 18.080
      15m 21.360 21.140
      12m 24.960 24.910
      10m 28.390* 28.190

      *The World Scout Bureau has changed the 10 meter phone calling
      frequency to 28.390. The CW calling frequency will remain 28.190.

      **The traditional JOTA frequency on 40-meter is 7.290. This frequency
      is published in the "Considerate Operator's Frequency Guide" as the
      AM calling frequency. After discussing this conflict with ham/scouters,
      Ray Moyer, WD8JKV, (National JOTA organizer), and ARRL, we suggest
      using 7.270 as the US JOTA calling frequency.