Re: [ScoutRadio] Contacts Saturday

  • Paul Joosten
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2009
      Chris,

      What is that on UTC? Do you have Echolink? Every first Saturday of the
      month there is a scoutnet on 22:00 UTC, netcontrol is usually Richard
      PA3BAR. Other calls to look for (Richard is not always on) could be
      Ivor G4GET or me. I haven't been on for several months but I hope to
      be able to make it today.

      73, Paul PA5UL

      2009/5/2 Chris Schwab <chris.schwab@...>:
      > All:
      >
      > I apologize for the late notice, but we're going to be doing demos tomorrow at the West Central Florida Council's Merit Badge University, where we'll be assisting scouts in getting their Radio Merit Badge.
      >
      > We'll be needing contacts between 9:30am EDT & 11:30am EDT, and 1pm EDT to 3pm EDT tomorrow Saturday 5/2/09. We can be contacted on IRLP Node 4647 after 9am, or HF if the bands permit. We can also hang out on an IRLP reflector channel throughout the day if that will be helpful.
      >
      > We'd really appreciate any help that anyone can offer.
      >
      > 73 and YIS,
      > Chris N4BSA
      > 1st VP Clearwater ARS
      > Committee Member Pack 484, Clearwater FL

      > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

    • Fred McCutchen
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2009
        What HF frequencies are you working.... CW or SSB ?

        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2009
          Right now we're on IRLP 9004, we haven't had much luck on HF yet.

          Would you be willing to try? We'd be on SSB, suggest a HF frequency.

          73!
          Chris N4BSA

          Message 4 of 8 , May 2, 2009
            Chris,

            I'll be available for a few hours...can work HF. I'm in GA... 40m might work. Where are you operating?

            Also have a Weblo II (son) that might get on the air.

            Marc
            W4MWM

            Message 5 of 8 , May 4, 2009
              Marc:

              Thanks for all of the help this weekend - we really appreciate it. The HF station had quite the line while we were talking on the air - the kids were really excited to be talking to another scout & scouter.

              Thanks again!

              73,
              Chris N4BSA

              Message 6 of 8 , May 4, 2009
                I'll have to add this to my schedule - we have quite a few scouter hams in our club. Perhaps we can link up the club repeater and join in.

                What reflector is this on?

                Chris N4BSA

                On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 3:13 AM, Paul Joosten <pa5ul@...> wrote:

                Chris,

                What is that on UTC? Do you have Echolink? Every first Saturday of the
                month there is a scoutnet on 22:00 UTC, netcontrol is usually Richard
                PA3BAR. Other calls to look for (Richard is not always on) could be
                Ivor G4GET or me. I haven't been on for several months but I hope to
                be able to make it today.

                73, Paul PA5UL

                2009/5/2 Chris Schwab <chris.schwab@...>:
                > All:
                >
                > I apologize for the late notice, but we're going to be doing demos tomorrow at the West Central Florida Council's Merit Badge University, where we'll be assisting scouts in getting their Radio Merit Badge.
                >
                > We'll be needing contacts between 9:30am EDT & 11:30am EDT, and 1pm EDT to 3pm EDT tomorrow Saturday 5/2/09. We can be contacted on IRLP Node 4647 after 9am, or HF if the bands permit. We can also hang out on an IRLP reflector channel throughout the day if that will be helpful.
                >
                > We'd really appreciate any help that anyone can offer.
                >
                > 73 and YIS,
                > Chris N4BSA
                > 1st VP Clearwater ARS
                > Committee Member Pack 484, Clearwater FL

                > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

              • Paul Joosten
                Message 7 of 8 , May 4, 2009
                  It's on *Echolink* ;). There were only a few on, connecting to Ivor
                  G4GET last Saturday. I joined a bit late and found Ivor to be in QSO
                  with Alan and Barbara, who suffered major connection problems and quit
                  early. Then James VE??? (I'm at QRL and have a terrible memory...)
                  joined in and we closed down around 23:00 UTC. QRV any first Saturday
                  of the month, 22:00 UTC on Echolink. Look for callsigns signing Scout
                  and join in when you see a QSO going on.

                  73 &YIS, Paul