Contacts Saturday

  • Chris Schwab
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2009
      All:

      I apologize for the late notice, but we're going to be doing demos tomorrow at the West Central Florida Council's Merit Badge University, where we'll be assisting scouts in getting their Radio Merit Badge.

      We'll be needing contacts between 9:30am EDT & 11:30am EDT, and 1pm EDT to 3pm EDT tomorrow Saturday 5/2/09. We can be contacted on IRLP Node 4647 after 9am, or HF if the bands permit. We can also hang out on an IRLP reflector channel throughout the day if that will be helpful.

      We'd really appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

      73 and YIS,
      Chris N4BSA
      1st VP Clearwater ARS
      Committee Member Pack 484, Clearwater FL
    • Paul Joosten
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2009
        Chris,

        What is that on UTC? Do you have Echolink? Every first Saturday of the
        month there is a scoutnet on 22:00 UTC, netcontrol is usually Richard
        PA3BAR. Other calls to look for (Richard is not always on) could be
        Ivor G4GET or me. I haven't been on for several months but I hope to
        be able to make it today.

        73, Paul PA5UL

        2009/5/2 Chris Schwab <chris.schwab@...>:
        > All:
        >
        > I apologize for the late notice, but we're going to be doing demos tomorrow at the West Central Florida Council's Merit Badge University, where we'll be assisting scouts in getting their Radio Merit Badge.
        >
        > We'll be needing contacts between 9:30am EDT & 11:30am EDT, and 1pm EDT to 3pm EDT tomorrow Saturday 5/2/09. We can be contacted on IRLP Node 4647 after 9am, or HF if the bands permit. We can also hang out on an IRLP reflector channel throughout the day if that will be helpful.
        >
        > We'd really appreciate any help that anyone can offer.
        >
        > 73 and YIS,
        > Chris N4BSA
        > 1st VP Clearwater ARS
        > Committee Member Pack 484, Clearwater FL

        > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

      • Fred McCutchen
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2009
          What HF frequencies are you working.... CW or SSB ?

          Message 4 of 8 , May 2, 2009
            Right now we're on IRLP 9004, we haven't had much luck on HF yet.

            Would you be willing to try? We'd be on SSB, suggest a HF frequency.

            73!
            Chris N4BSA

            Message 5 of 8 , May 2, 2009
              Chris,

              I'll be available for a few hours...can work HF. I'm in GA... 40m might work. Where are you operating?

              Also have a Weblo II (son) that might get on the air.

              Marc
              W4MWM

              Message 6 of 8 , May 4, 2009
                Marc:

                Thanks for all of the help this weekend - we really appreciate it. The HF station had quite the line while we were talking on the air - the kids were really excited to be talking to another scout & scouter.

                Thanks again!

                73,
                Chris N4BSA

                Message 7 of 8 , May 4, 2009
                  I'll have to add this to my schedule - we have quite a few scouter hams in our club. Perhaps we can link up the club repeater and join in.

                  What reflector is this on?

                  Chris N4BSA

                  On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 3:13 AM, Paul Joosten <pa5ul@...> wrote:

                  Chris,

                  What is that on UTC? Do you have Echolink? Every first Saturday of the
                  month there is a scoutnet on 22:00 UTC, netcontrol is usually Richard
                  PA3BAR. Other calls to look for (Richard is not always on) could be
                  Ivor G4GET or me. I haven't been on for several months but I hope to
                  be able to make it today.

                  73, Paul PA5UL

                  2009/5/2 Chris Schwab <chris.schwab@...>:
                  > All:
                  >
                  > I apologize for the late notice, but we're going to be doing demos tomorrow at the West Central Florida Council's Merit Badge University, where we'll be assisting scouts in getting their Radio Merit Badge.
                  >
                  > We'll be needing contacts between 9:30am EDT & 11:30am EDT, and 1pm EDT to 3pm EDT tomorrow Saturday 5/2/09. We can be contacted on IRLP Node 4647 after 9am, or HF if the bands permit. We can also hang out on an IRLP reflector channel throughout the day if that will be helpful.
                  >
                  > We'd really appreciate any help that anyone can offer.
                  >
                  > 73 and YIS,
                  > Chris N4BSA
                  > 1st VP Clearwater ARS
                  > Committee Member Pack 484, Clearwater FL

                  > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

                • Paul Joosten
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 4, 2009
                    It's on *Echolink* ;). There were only a few on, connecting to Ivor
                    G4GET last Saturday. I joined a bit late and found Ivor to be in QSO
                    with Alan and Barbara, who suffered major connection problems and quit
                    early. Then James VE??? (I'm at QRL and have a terrible memory...)
                    joined in and we closed down around 23:00 UTC. QRV any first Saturday
                    of the month, 22:00 UTC on Echolink. Look for callsigns signing Scout
                    and join in when you see a QSO going on.

                    73 &YIS, Paul