Re: [ScoutRadio] Re: Appalachian Trail APRS HAM Event is same day (7/18/2009) as Operation On Target.

  • Bob Bruninga
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2009
      > The Appalachian Trail APRS HAM Event is the same day
      > (7/18/2009) as Operation On Target (see
      > www.ontargetbsa.org ) in most states (except for
      > Arizona - they hold theirs on the 3rd Sat. in
      > Sept.).

      And I just found out it is the same date as the CQ WW VHF Contest July 16-20. One beneficial coincidence, and one show-stopper... My thinking is that there is no way we want to coincide with a VHF contest when these same easy-access sites will ahve a DX pedition oerating also on 2 meters... and desensing each other.

      But doing it the same weekend as On Target is perfect!

      We need input from the contesters...

      Bob, Wb4APR

        If there is a Line Of Sight (LOS) path