Re: Radio Merit Badge Crystal Radio

  • easybulldawg
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 10, 2009
      Thanks, Frank. Fills the need well.

      > > Ed Livingston (WB6NNW), Troop 20, Bloomington, IL
    • Jim Stafford W4QO
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 11, 2009
        There is a long standing offer on eBAY that sells 2 "crystal earphones" for $4 which is $2 per crystal radio. I think he has over 100 in stock and I suspect he will combine shipping for larger orders:

        150275619629 is the eBAY number

        jim/w4qo

        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "n5gui" <n5gui@...> wrote:

        The earphones almost blew the whole project. Modern, cheap ( $0.50 ), stereo earbuds would have been a fine substitute for the $5 earphone. All I had to do was justify either an audio transformer ( about $4 ) to match the impedance or an audio amplifier ( less than $1 in parts and another $1 for a battery ). That would have blown the tradition of a crystal radio. So I grumbled a bunch at home, and then got over it for the presentation for the cubs.