Re: [ScoutRadio] Regarding the NAtional Jamboree the following was announced by the National Capital Area Council this was also published in an AP report

  • Bill Stewart - New email address
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21, 2009
      Norm,
      I agree. I was in Camp there as a youth in 1967 and again in 1968. Then, I have taken youth there Webelos, Boy Scouts and Venturers.
      Finally, I completed the circle and did my Vigil there in 2007. It is a wonderful place and I have traveled to other parts of that area and it is just incredible.
      The area is also known as the Alps of Virginia. The area gained that name from its resemblance, even though the mountains are lower and older, to the real
      Alpine Mountains of Europe.

      YiS,

      Bill Stewart, W2BSA

      Norm Huber wrote:

      Subject: National Jamboree - Site Selection
      Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:56:13 -0600
      From: alambert@...
      To: mbranch@...
      CC: 082AllEverybody@...

      National Capital Area Council, BSA

                          *9190 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814 **·** (301)
      214-9103 **·** (301) 564-3648 Fax            *

      Memo

      Date:              2/12/09

      To:                  NCAC Board Members, District Key 3, and Selected
      Scouters

      Cc:                  Staff

      From:             Alan F. Lambert, Scout Executive & Peter C. Forster,
      Council President

      RE:                  National Jamboree – Site Selection

      On Wednesday, February 11^th , the Boy Scouts of America National
      Executive Board concluded an 18-month process and approved the selection
      of NCAC’s Goshen Scout Reservation in Rockbridge County, VA as the
      permanent home for BSA’s National Jamboree. We are extremely pleased and
      excited by this decision and the confidence the National Executive Board
      has placed in our Council. The next step in the selection process
      involves contract negotiations between BSA and NCAC’s Executive Board.
      Past Council President Bill Hagerty has headed the volunteer team that
      has worked with the selection process and will spearhead the negotiations.

      Great Location! I started my scouting in NCAC years ago. Certainly a
      challenge for the Council.
      - Norm - N9ZKS - Central Illinois - E-:-)
      - Motorcyclist, Bicyclist, Ham, Scouter
      - '05 Goldwing - Yellow - Rex - 72,000 miles
      - '87 Goldwing Interstate - Lagniappe Too - 66,000 miles
      - LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER!
      - IBA 25533, MARC, WOTI, GWRRA, AMA, ARRL
      - http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=n9zks-9,n9zks-10&radar=***

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: