K2BSA_Team_2010 group

  • wjdeegan
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 20, 2009
      I have created the Yahoo Group K2BSA_Team_2010 to be a gathering point
      for the volunteers and others that will support the K2BSA amateur radio
      station at the 2010 Centennial Boy Scout Jamboree. The primary purpose
      of this group is to be able to gather, archive, and distribute
      information directly related to the operation of this special event. In
      addition to the K2BSA effort, this group will provide support to the
      Radio merit badge training, VE sessions and other related Jamboree
      activities.

      If you are interested in joining this group, please let me know.

      Yours in Scouting and Best 73s,

      John Deegan, K9XT, Carmel, IN
      Eagle (1963), Troop 202 Committee Member
    • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 20, 2009
        Hi John.

        Great idea!

        I've added a couple of new lines of html on the ScoutRadio home page
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadio/), pointing to your new group.

        "Will you be operating K2BSA from the 2010 Centennial Boy Scout Jamboree?
        Join the new K2BSA Team YahooGroup at: "K2BSA Team 2010"

        That should allow for a bit more traffic from participants.

        73,

        Jon Pearl - W4ABC

          > I have created the Yahoo Group K2BSA_Team_2010 to be a gathering point
          > for the volunteers and others that will support the K2BSA amateur radio
          > station at the 2010 Centennial Boy Scout Jamboree. The primary purpose
          > of this group is to be able to gather, archive, and distribute
          > information directly related to the operation of this special event. In
          > addition to the K2BSA effort, this group will provide support to the
          > Radio merit badge training, VE sessions and other related Jamboree
          > activities.
          >
          > If you are interested in joining this group, please let me know.
          >
          > Yours in Scouting and Best 73s,
          >
          > John Deegan, K9XT, Carmel, IN
          > Eagle (1963), Troop 202 Committee Member

          I sure am interested. I have a few questions, such as "Would a bicycle
          mobile 2 m / 70 cm APRS station be of any interest?"

          ----- Norman Huber - N9ZKS - Central Illinois
          ----- Unit Commissioner / Roundtable Staff / Assistant Scoutmaster
          ----- 19266 US Highway 150
          ----- Bloomington, IL 61705-5855
          ----- Phone 309-378-4674
          ----- Cell 309-287-1102
        • Stephen M. Shearer
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 20, 2009
            In 2005, bikes were allowed only before the start. During the Jamboree,
            only the hometown (scout) reporters were allowed the bikes. I can be "bent"
            mobile (LWB), too. BUT, I expect the limit on bikes again, as 30,000 kids
            walking and bikes don't mix very well... Maybe, K2BSA/4 could get the OK
            for a number of specialized bikes. The bikes would also be helpful
            delivering messages to the sub camps (without hams).

            73, Steve

            > I have created the Yahoo Group K2BSA_Team_2010 to be a gathering point
            > for the volunteers and others that will support the K2BSA amateur radio
            > station at the 2010 Centennial Boy Scout Jamboree. The primary purpose
            > of this group is to be able to gather, archive, and distribute
            > information directly related to the operation of this special event. In
            > addition to the K2BSA effort, this group will provide support to the
            > Radio merit badge training, VE sessions and other related Jamboree
            > activities.
            >
            > If you are interested in joining this group, please let me know.
            >
            > Yours in Scouting and Best 73s,
            >
            > John Deegan, K9XT, Carmel, IN
            > Eagle (1963), Troop 202 Committee Member

            I sure am interested. I have a few questions, such as "Would a bicycle
            mobile 2 m / 70 cm APRS station be of any interest?"

            ----- Norman Huber - N9ZKS - Central Illinois
            ----- Unit Commissioner / Roundtable Staff / Assistant Scoutmaster
            ----- 19266 US Highway 150
            ----- Bloomington, IL 61705-5855
            ----- Phone 309-378-4674
            ----- Cell 309-287-1102

            07:26:00
          • nafrissell@vt.edu
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 20, 2009
              Hi, Steve.

              In 2005 the station did get 4 Jamboree bikes to use as needed. I would definitely recommend that again.

              Nathaniel

              --
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
              ----- Norman Huber - N9ZKS - Central Illinois
              ----- Unit Commissioner / Roundtable Staff / Assistant Scoutmaster
              ----- 19266 US Highway 150
              ----- Bloomington, IL 61705-5855
              ----- Phone 309-378-4674
              ----- Cell 309-287-1102

              ------------ --------- --------- ------

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/radio- scouting- uk

              to http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/ScoutRadio Youth

              http://www.ontarget bsa.org/

              http://www.k1dwu. net/ham-links/ clubs.-.scouting .phtml

              07:26:00

            • Stephen M. Shearer
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 20, 2009

                Hi, Nathaniel…

                I thought we lost the bikes after all the boys came.  Either way, bikes would be useful.

                Fyi, my home troop (T30/DE) has two Eagle scouts (first year – not hams) going to VT.

                73, Steve

                In 2005 the station did get 4 Jamboree bikes to use as needed. I would definitely recommend that again.

                Nathaniel

                > I have created the Yahoo Group K2BSA_Team_2010 to be a gathering point
                > for the volunteers and others that will support the K2BSA amateur radio
                > station at the 2010 Centennial Boy Scout Jamboree. The primary purpose
                > of this group is to be able to gather, archive, and distribute
                > information directly related to the operation of this special event. In
                > addition to the K2BSA effort, this group will provide support to the
                > Radio merit badge training, VE sessions and other related Jamboree
                > activities.
                >
                > If you are interested in joining this group, please let me know.
                >
                > Yours in Scouting and Best 73s,
                >
                > John Deegan, K9XT, Carmel, IN
                > Eagle (1963), Troop 202 Committee Member

                I sure am interested. I have a few questions, such as "Would a bicycle
                mobile 2 m / 70 cm APRS station be of any interest?"

                ----- Norman Huber - N9ZKS - Central Illinois
                ----- Unit Commissioner / Roundtable Staff / Assistant Scoutmaster
                ----- 19266 US Highway 150
                ----- Bloomington, IL 61705-5855
                ----- Phone 309-378-4674
                ----- Cell 309-287-1102

                07:26:00

              • Joseph F Dunphy MBA
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 12, 2009
                  K2BSA group     Joe Dunphy, K9MBA, Clifton, NJ. I am helping a disabled scout troop through the Radio Merit Badge, and they should be able to participate in this historic radio event. Our ham radio club, ArcSquared, is run through the Red Cross Disaster Services facility in Fairfield, NJ, and they will likely help the scouts as well. Two of our scouts were just written up in the national Elks magazine, which reaches almost one million Elks.
                                               73 Joe Dunphy, Unit Commissioner, Special Needs, Broken Arrow District, Northern New Jersey Council. 3-12-2009. end message.

                • Rue Stuteville
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
                    Good morning John,
                    I am interested in joined the group. I got my email yesterday that I had been selected to serve on K2BSA staff for the 2010 Jamboree. This will be my third jambo staff, first one on the K2BSA staff. I have been working on the cooking staff for sub camp 16 for the last two. I am really looking forward to it.

                    73
                    Rue (Rudy) Stuteville KA4PLH
                    Troop 180
                    Norfolk, Va.