K2BSA 2010 Staff - Meeting at Dayton 2009?

  • wjdeegan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2009
      Greetings Team. As a first-time member of a K2BSA Jamboree staff, I am
      very interested in knowing how this event will be organized and very
      honored to be selected for the team.

      A question: With Dayton coming up soon, would the hamvention weekend be
      a good time to hold a team organizing meeting?

      If there is interest, I'll see what can be done to reserve a meeting
      room.

      YiS and Best 73s de K9XT, John Deegan, Carmel, IN
    • Norm Huber
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2009
        wjdeegan wrote:

        > Greetings Team. As a first-time member of a K2BSA Jamboree staff, I am
        > very interested in knowing how this event will be organized and very
        > honored to be selected for the team.
        >
        > A question: With Dayton coming up soon, would the hamvention weekend be
        > a good time to hold a team organizing meeting?
        >
        > If there is interest, I'll see what can be done to reserve a meeting
        > room.

        I will be there. Was planning to bring a uniform and would love to get
        together with anyone who can give me some insight on what to expect.

        - Norm - N9ZKS - Central Illinois - E-:-)
        - Motorcyclist, Bicyclist, Ham, Scouter
        - '05 Goldwing - Yellow - Rex - 72,000 miles
        - '87 Goldwing Interstate - Lagniappe Too - 66,000 miles
        - LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER!
        - IBA 25533, MARC, WOTI, GWRRA, AMA, ARRL
        - http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=n9zks-9,n9zks-10&radar=***
      • Norm Huber
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 20, 2009
          Stephen M. Shearer wrote:
          > I may be able to answer some of your questions. I was on the 2005 staff.
          > Things are starting early for this Jamboree as I didn't get my "letter"
          > until October of '04. The trustee of K2BSA, Ray, along with a few other key
          > people; run things and the planning will be most likely as it was for the
          > past number of years.
          >
          > I have attached a few doc's that were used in 2005. They should answer many
          > of your questions. I also have my application in for 2010, I sent it in
          > last week when I saw people were getting letters for 2010. I have had email
          > from Ray a few months ago asking it we were interested in 2010, "so" I am
          > hoping to be part of the team again. I 2005, I had two sons in a troop. I
          > had them get their license (KB3LUF and KB3MEI) before the Jamboree so we
          > could keep in touch. In 2010 I will only have the younger son there.
          >
          > If/when I get my letter, I may set up a yahoo group. Feel free to start a
          > yahoo group as people come on board "radioscouting" and declare they are a
          > member of the staff for 2010 (or wait for the list from Ray).
          >
          > 73, Steve WB3LGC/NR3I/KB3NCC

          This sure has answered some questions. Darn, I even forgot to mention my
          W5YI VEC membership when I applied. I'm buying some uniforms, (Going to
          WoodBadge again this fall) and knowing what's expected will help me
          spread out the costs. I'm also planning to take a course at Philmont
          this summer.

          ----- Norman Huber - N9ZKS - Central Illinois
          ----- Unit Commissioner / Assistant Scoutmaster / Roundtable Staff