Re: [ScoutRadio] Re: What radioscouting activity is likely in August?

  • Mark Phillips
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 14 7:47 AM
      Hi David,

      Look out for Mt Allamuchy Scout Reservation from Stanhope NJ this coming
      summer camp season. We'll be using various call signs (no club call at
      the site) from our permanent station.

      Are you heading down to the NYC area whilst you're over this side of the
      "pond"? If so call me and I'll get you a tour of the camp/shack. It's
      about 40 minutes west from NYC.

      Mark

      On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 15:33 +0000, David Hutchinson wrote:
      > Hi Jon
      >
      > I'm on holiday with my wife in Toronto at the moment. I will be
      > compiling a list of scout stations who will be active over the months
      > of July and August. I hope we will be able to hook up with you. HF
      > propagation is not too encouraging at the moment but perhaps by July
      > and August it will be starting to look up.
      >
      > 73
      > David GI4FUM/EI4DJ/3DA0DJ
      >
      > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "JonEMac" <w2mc@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "David Hutchinson"
      > > <william.hutchinson6@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I will be running a radio station from a National scout camp near
      > > > Manzini in Swaziland with the callsign 3DA0SS between 31st July &
      > 11th
      > > > August 2009.
      > > >
      > > > Does anyone on the group have any details of any radio scouting
      > > > activity ie National Jamborees or camps in the first fortnight in
      > > > August? I want to compile a list of scout stations that are
      > likely to
      > > > be active at that time so that the Swazi station 3DA0SS can look
      > out
      > > > for them.
      > > >
      > > > 73
      > > > David GI4FUM/EI4DJ/3DA0DJ
      > > >

      > > For Summer Camp, our Troop will be at Ockanickon Scout Reservation,
      > > Pipersville, PA 2-8 August. I will likely be on the air various
      > times
      > > during that week.
      > >
      > > Jon MacMillan
      > > W2MC
      > > ASM, Troop 48 Medford Lakes NJ

      > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

      Mark Phillips, G7LTT/NI2O
      Randolph, NJ
    • David Hutchinson
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 15 8:11 AM
        I would love to head down your way some time Mark but unfortunately
        it won't be on this trip. We head back to the UK on Tuesday evening.
        We have really enjoyed our visit to Ontario. We were at Niagra Falls
        last Tuesday - here is a link to some photographs
        http://travel.webshots.com/album/570043793Hjabgd
        Thats me looking out over the Canadian Falls. The guy with the long
        white beard is my chauffaeur - William VE3KO.

        Gillian and I visited the Boston area in October 2007. We have been
        to Orlando several times. We would love to visit other parts of the
        States.

        I will be doing a section on the UK RadioScouting pages on
        International RadioScouting and I want to compile a diary of
        International RadioScouting events.

        73
        David GI4FUM/EI4DJ/3DA0DJ